Trail Run In Iceland

Brute

Hooked
Looks awesome. How did you cook the fish ?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Grilled with olive oil and wild thyme that grows everywhere...the lamb & sheep (which outnumber the residents) eat it all the thyme...which is why they taste so good

I almost forgot...the salt. I had to buy two boxes of this...it's a flake salt similar to Maldon from England...We also grilled some fresh lamb the same way...it was awesome.

Salt.jpg

Brute

Hooked
brown river 1.jpg

This trout was interesting...it was a long fish with a big tale...but being in the small river, it was lean,,,still fought well. Hit a San Juan worn with a nymph dropper...hit the worm

Brute

Hooked
Ari brown 1.jpg

Here's a brown that my guide netted for me...of only two fish he netted for me the whole trip...I carried & netted my own fish.

Brute

Hooked
Ari Toyota LC.jpg

This is what my guide Ari's Toyota LC looked like before we went upland...it didn't look like that when we got back...

Brute

Hooked
Arnarvatnsheidi 1.jpg

These pics were taken just before midnight in Arnarvatnsheidi (try saying that three times fast)...

Brute

Hooked
tire air supply.jpg

They have an interesting air down/air up system that they control by app while driving...airing down to 4 psi to get onto the glacier...without getting out of your rig...

TrailHunter

Hooked
Your life looks like an Adventure series on the Outdoor Channel that I’d like to DVR ... and watch when I get home from work with a nice cold beer..... new episodes of “TravelED” coming this Fall. 🤙🏽

Top Bottom