Trail Jeeps build

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Congrats brother. It's going to be a great build, with high quality parts many will be envious of you. I bet that four to five week wait is going to kill you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Congrats on the build! Since I was gone I wasn't able to see what your having done. Care to enlighten me please?

Congrats on the build! Since I was gone I wasn't able to see what your having done. Care to enlighten me please?

Well after 3 years of saving (27 shifts of OT, tax returns, and whatever else I could scrape together) I'm ready for the "One and Done".......I'm headed out in the morning to Trail Jeeps in Golden from my home in South Florida (2050 miles) to drop it off and fly back.......Hopefully in 5 weeks it will be finished and I'll fly out and drive it back (worthy of a Road Trip thread)......I met with Wes the owner while I was in Denver for a NFL game (we lost) late last year and we sat down and put this build together......it took some time for the Dynatrac axles to be built but they are in and it's go time.....

Here is the build sheet

2012 Black JKU Sport
Automatic

EVO Front DTD
EVO Rear DTD Lever
EVO High Clearance Long Arm
EVO High Steer Kit

17" ATX Slabs
40" Nitto Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country MT whichever is available

EVO Aluminum 1/4 Pounder Front Bumper w/stinger
EVO Rear Tire Carrier
Poison Spyder Rock Brawler II Rear Bumper

Artec Industries Skid System aluminum
Artec Industries Crossmember
EVO Armor Rock Sliders
EVO Corners
EVO Rocker Armor
Poison Spyder Fenders

Dynatrac ProRock 60 Front ARB w/5.38
Dynatrac ProRock 80 Rear ARB w/5.38
JE Reel 1350 Front DS
JE Reel 1450 Rear DS
PSC Ram Assist

Warn PowerPlant HD 12K Winch w/ 100' synthetic line

Rubi TC or Atlas 2 Speed

AFE Hi Tuck Exhaust

Rigid Industries D2s
JW Speaker Evolution 8700 Headlamps
Inspired Engineering 50" LED
Poison Spyder Mounts

Rock Hard Sports Cage
Rock Hard Front Seat Harness Bar
Poison Spyder C Pillar Kit
Power Tank Jet Pac
10lb Power Tank
Mastercraft Baja DirtSport Edition Front Seats Black/Black

~Woodrow~

Here you go Coz...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
congrats man, wait is going to be hard but so worth it, especially the drive home with the DTD :thumb:

Sweet!! You should swing by Tampa and let me check it out! I'll buy you lunch, sounds like you have been saving all your lunch money too lol.

big dr

Holy crap!!! Nice list of parts!! Congrats, and enjoy. Cant wait to see it done, as well as your posts on its new abilities off road!:thumb:

Question,,,, What will be your deciding factor on weather you go with a rubicon case or the Atlas?

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Congrats brother. It's going to be a great build, with high quality parts many will be envious of you. I bet that four to five week wait is going to kill you.

Thank you Frank!......Wes said it may be earlier than the 4-5 weeks he quoted...which is was good to hear:thumb:.....I've been waiting for this build for nearly 3 years I just can't believe it's finally here :rock:......Your input as well as many others on here went into this build and I'm grateful of all the comments and hope that I'll get to meet you and the rest of the forum members on a run out west someday soon.......At the airport now waiting to board a plane to DFW.....then onto Fort Lauderdale

~Woodrow~

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Holy crap!!! Nice list of parts!! Congrats, and enjoy. Cant wait to see it done, as well as your posts on its new abilities off road!:thumb:

Question,,,, What will be your deciding factor on weather you go with a rubicon case or the Atlas?

Wes said they could do an Atlas 2 speed but the 2012 and up automatics have computer problem recognizing the Atlas something that involves the Traction Control......we'll see if that can be worked out if not we will go with a Rubi TC instead.......that's what Wes runs in his Blue JKX 2015 rig

~Woodrow~

Woody are the all the take off's going to fit in your Jeep?

Super stoked to see the beast when it is done and maybe in person. We are a short trip South to Texas. Let me know.

R/
Will

big dr

Wes said they could do an Atlas 2 speed but the 2012 and up automatics have computer problem recognizing the Atlas something that involves the Traction Control......we'll see if that can be worked out if not we will go with a Rubi TC instead.......that's what Wes runs in his Blue JKX 2015 rig

~Woodrow~

That is a total bummer to hear,, considering I have 12' auto, and was planning on an Atlas soon. :mad: I haven't heard of the Atlas having that problem before.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Thank you Frank!......Wes said it may be earlier than the 4-5 weeks he quoted...which is was good to hear:thumb:.....I've been waiting for this build for nearly 3 years I just can't believe it's finally here :rock:......Your input as well as many others on here went into this build and I'm grateful of all the comments and hope that I'll get to meet you and the rest of the forum members on a run out west someday soon.......At the airport now waiting to board a plane to DFW.....then onto Fort Lauderdale

~Woodrow~

Anytime. I am anxious to see what your rig will look like complete. I look forward to meeting you soon. I think you met my good little buddy Russ.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That is going to be a beast when you get it back! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!:beer:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Not sure how I made the list but you are welcome.

You made the list because you've contributed to this forum and shared your knowledge whether direct or indirect over the last 3 years.......and I've met you personally so that's even more of a reason :thumb:

~Woodrow~

Top Bottom