Tough day yesterday, sheared knuckle driver side on tough mountain recovery

The Rockjock knuckles are in stock but are part of their high steer kits the the hold up on shipping is the draglink. You should be able to order the knuckles though individually. I just got some in today that I ordered on Friday.

If I missed your call I apologize!
Is the drag link not required when installing the High Steer Knuckles ?
Or could I use my existing Drag link some how until the Rock Jock arrives?

Sounds like I need to just visit your garage or storage area and buy lots of stuff :)
Haha that works too. But your current draglink will work if it’s mounted up from bottom (stock configuration). The RJ knuckles raise everything up so the main concern is the draglink hitting the frame at full stuff. So I would just make sure you cycle it after install.

Also know that you will most likely have to move the stabilizer mounting points due to the tie rod being raised but depending on what setup you currently have, it could still work.

Just for information: I'm pretty sure the Mopar PN for the Mojave's iron knuckles are 68477358AA & 68477359AA.
Oddly enough the Right is in stock, but the left is what everyone is out of stock. I wonder if this means the left breaks far more than the right?

1683167327554.png1683167346220.png

I think the Long term solution to fixing my JTR is Rock Jock High Steer Knuckles, RCV axle shafts, and Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Ball Joints. They can have these parts to me by June.

Thoughts?

The short-term solution is that I know of a JTR that a kid tried to do Dukes of Hazzard style jump and bent the front axle and they will part out a left knuckle to me if it isn't damaged.

I think the Long term solution to fixing my JTR is Rock Jock High Steer Knuckles, RCV axle shafts, and Dynatrac HD Rebuildable Ball Joints. They can have these parts to me by June.

Thoughts?

The short-term solution is that I know of a JTR that a kid tried to do Dukes of Hazzard style jump and bent the front axle and they will part out a left knuckle to me if it isn't damaged.
RCV’s and Dynatrac ball joints are a waste of money. The rest of your list looks good though.

Here's a link to what TrailHunter's build thread where he shares what he thinks about Dynatrac ball joints after rebuilding them.

As far as RCV goes, I've personally run them on multiple Jeeps and while they are strong, they are messy as hell, will make loud popping sounds after hard use and they will tell you that this is totally normal. This is of course to say nothing about the fact that they cost $400 more than a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips and they will get the job done just as well.

Last edited:
The Dynatrac ball joints are stupid expensive and don’t last any longer than any other ball joint and they are hardly rebuildable. RCV’s are loud and again stupid expensive. A regular chromoly axle shaft with u joints is a better way to go.
I've have not been able to find a direct replacement front chromoloy shafts while still keeping the FAD? Do you know of any company's that make some? Thanks!

Here's a link to what TrailHunter's build thread where he shares what he thinks about Dynatrac ball joints after rebuilding them.

As far as RCV goes, I've personally run them on multiple Jeeps and while they are strong, they are messy as hell, will make loud popping sounds after hard use and they will tell you that this is totally normal. This is of course to say nothing about the fact that they cost $400 more than a good set of chromoly shafts with full circle clips and they will get the job done just as well.

I had chosen them because I saw you ran them in videos. I will change my plan to chromoly shafts. I am told there is a Gear and shaft shop on Glendale here in Reno that does great things. I do volunteer off-road recovery almost everyday with 775ofr.org and I need to make my rig as solid as possible. I had planned Dana 60's but then my daughter got accepted into Stanford and now I will be poor for the next four years trying to do right and help her.

Wayalife is a treasure trove of information! I really don't understand why everyone with a Jeep isn't in this forum. Why not stand on the shoulders of giants when you can? I have learned so much here and my rig is 100x better for being here. Thank you @wayoflife for providing this valuable resource and doing so for free. I'm going to find some way to return value. I'll start by going to the shop and buying some stuff.

I’ve used Dana/spicer HD ball joints in the past and was very happy with them, was planning on trying out the new synergy ones in my JT but got rid of it, holding onto them for when I need them on my JL though, seems like the factory wear out pretty fast.. congrats to your daughter too, that’s amazing

I took off my knuckles an upgraded to them for the reid racing let me see if I still have them....
Did you happen to find them? I'm ready to apple pay you right now if you will ship them today or tomorrow. Just saying

Top Bottom