The PIPPI Project

rkwfxd

I am really excited about this build because I plan to do the exact same thing. I want to order a JL and except for tires, armor, winch and CB/Ham, leave it totally and completely bone stock and just enjoy it. The ONLY difference is, I think I am going to start with a fully loaded Rubicon. LOL.

Maybe, but maybe not. I've been looking hard at Rubis but, do I REALLY need all that? So I built a stripped stocker today and I am thinking about going back to my TJ roots.

The challenge I have and that you will possibly face as well, is finding someone to wheel with. Everyone I know has a built jeep and a stocker wont go where they go and they get bored on trails that a stocker can make.

This is a great problem to have.

As I said, looking forward to your build.

WJCO

Meme King
The challenge I have and that you will possibly face as well, is finding someone to wheel with. Everyone I know has a built jeep and a stocker wont go where they go and they get bored on trails that a stocker can make.

I have a feeling that they'll accept this challenge. Welcome to Wayalife.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am really excited about this build because I plan to do the exact same thing. I want to order a JL and except for tires, armor, winch and CB/Ham, leave it totally and completely bone stock and just enjoy it. The ONLY difference is, I think I am going to start with a fully loaded Rubicon. LOL.

Maybe, but maybe not. I've been looking hard at Rubis but, do I REALLY need all that? So I built a stripped stocker today and I am thinking about going back to my TJ roots.

This is a great problem to have.

As I said, looking forward to your build.
What I can tell you is that Cindy and I have never really been into "wheeling" for wheeling sake. Not trying to say that it isn't fun or that we don't enjoy taking on big obstacles, it's just never been what's driven us to own a Jeep. We got into Jeeps because of our passion for the outdoors and our desire to explore. Sometimes that means you have to take on obstacles and sometimes it means you don't. And, I can guarantee you that there are a ton more trails to explore than there are hard core trails to take on. If anything, I personally find it boring to go to the same old trails to take on the same old rocks again and again and again.

With that said, it is our hope to share what owning a Jeep "can" mean, what it used to mean, back before social media and the crazy obsession to take on bigger and bigger obstacles like some kind of midlife crisis quest to reclaim one's youth. If that isn't what you were wanting to hear, I apologize. It's just the truth - for us anyway. :)
I have a feeling that they'll accept this challenge. Welcome to Wayalife.
Yup, all to willing to accept the challenge and always happy to have others join us out on the trail :)

rkwfxd

Actually Eddie Im with you 100%. Bigger, badder, harder sections is what drove me to sell my TJ. Looks cool in videos but for me it was more stressful than fun. Plus, by the time I built my TJ to handle all the black diamond stuff it teally wasnt much fun to drive on the street.

This next one will be much closer to what I think you are going to fo witj Pippi.

rmccown

I agree 100% as well. We built up Clementine specifically because our two-year plan is to be headed out and exploring the country via RV and Jeep, and wanted something that we didnt have to worry about. It wasnt to spend the every weekend wheeling the same 1/2 mile rock strewn trail.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I think this is a great idea! It will appeal to a lot of people. Congratulations! I’m looking forward to the journey.

Brute

Hooked
I fully understand the narrative. My wife constantly asks me why do I spend all the time and money on jeeps to build them, beat them on tough trails, then spend more money on repairing them afterwards...while I do enjoy the challenge of difficult obstacles, I equally enjoy camping & fishing in the beauty and solitude of our great outdoors...even if the path is only slightly less travelled than pavement...

Rst8rox

I fully understand the narrative. My wife constantly asks me why do I spend all the time and money on jeeps to build them, beat them on tough trails, then spend more money on repairing them afterwards...while I do enjoy the challenge of difficult obstacles, I equally enjoy camping & fishing in the beauty and solitude of our great outdoors...even if the path is only slightly less travelled than pavement...
My feelings exactly!

WJCO

Meme King
Bingo.

dustdriver

OK, you got me... I'm about >< that close to doing the same thing, for very similar reasons.
When I look back, it's those early years in my 2-door TJ that stand out the most. I've got this idea I call "RCM's", which stands for "Rocking Chair Moments". The idea is that when you are too old to do anything but sit in a rocking chair, you won't remember all the easy stuff, you will remember the tough parts, the challenges, the discomforts, the adventures, and the best days. The idea is to collect as many RCM's as you can!

Kudos to you for starting this project and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. (Peterson's is only a couple hours from me!! Kent, huh?)

Attachments

• dustdriver TJ.JPG
    dustdriver TJ.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 8

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK, you got me... I'm about >< that close to doing the same thing, for very similar reasons.
When I look back, it's those early years in my 2-door TJ that stand out the most. I've got this idea I call "RCM's", which stands for "Rocking Chair Moments". The idea is that when you are too old to do anything but sit in a rocking chair, you won't remember all the easy stuff, you will remember the tough parts, the challenges, the discomforts, the adventures, and the best days. The idea is to collect as many RCM's as you can!

Kudos to you for starting this project and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. (Peterson's is only a couple hours from me!! Kent, huh?)
Very cool and yes, contact Kent and tell him where you found out about him. He'll take care of you :)

skdmrklcy

This year I built up a Gladiator and I love it but sometimes it is just too much, so watching the recent videos got me thinking, so yesterday traded in my Mustang GT for a new 2DR Wrangler to go with the Gladiator. Plan to keep it stock for a bit, but maybe some mild stuff as I go. It is a Sport S soft top, but I went auto and a few extras.. love Jeep’s heated seats just for my back.

jesse3638

Hooked
Very cool and yes, contact Kent and tell him where you found out about him. He'll take care of you :)
Hmmmmm just might have to do that. I wonder how difficult a transaction with a CA resident would be. I've heard horror stories but it may be worth a look...haha.

CalSgt

Hooked
Hmmmmm just might have to do that. I wonder how difficult a transaction with a CA resident would be. I've heard horror stories but it may be worth a look...haha.
You just need to get it smog checked and pay the Tax and license @ DMV, they will also do a VIN verification at DMV. If you buy a pickup add getting it weighed to the list.

Most dealers will cut you a check for the taxes if you want them included in the financing.

Most of the cars i've purchased were from out of state

Dale72

Hooked
Exploring is what I'm setting my JT up for. Right now I'm just going to run the EVO 2.5 and 35's until my dad is no longer able to drive because he uses it some while I'm on the road. Then I will decide if I will bump up to the EVO 4.5 and 40's

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This year I built up a Gladiator and I love it but sometimes it is just too much, so watching the recent videos got me thinking, so yesterday traded in my Mustang GT for a new 2DR Wrangler to go with the Gladiator. Plan to keep it stock for a bit, but maybe some mild stuff as I go. It is a Sport S soft top, but I went auto and a few extras.. love Jeep’s heated seats just for my back.
LOL - that is awesome! Congratulations to you 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You just need to get it smog checked and pay the Tax and license @ DMV, they will also do a VIN verification at DMV. If you buy a pickup add getting it weighed to the list.

Most dealers will cut you a check for the taxes if you want them included in the financing.

What CalSgt said. It really isn't too much trouble, even in Kalifornia. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Exploring is what I'm setting my JT up for. Right now I'm just going to run the EVO 2.5 and 35's until my dad is no longer able to drive because he uses it some while I'm on the road. Then I will decide if I will bump up to the EVO 4.5 and 40's
The JT really is perfect for exploring 😎

jesse3638

Hooked

What CalSgt said. It really isn't too much trouble, even in Kalifornia. :)
Yeah I think I'm remembering an issue a friend of mine had. I believe it goes back to the 48 vs. 50 state compliance on emissions. He bought it in UT and wasn't able to register it in CA plus there were crazy fees. I may just shoot Kent an email and see what he can do. Thanks for the help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I think I'm remembering an issue a friend of mine had. I believe it goes back to the 48 vs. 50 state compliance on emissions. He bought it in UT and wasn't able to register it in CA plus there were crazy fees. I may just shoot Kent an email and see what he can do. Thanks for the help.
Yup, back in the day, it was an issue. All new vehicles today are 50 state compliant.

Top Bottom