The "Mid Life" buy thread

Hey Branman! Love the build. its a great looking color and I like your clean style of mod. I did a similar spare rack in my 2 door, and love not having the weight 3 ft of the back end. My 2 door drives so much better with the weight forward. My selfish question is, what CB antenna cable are you using? The flat round one in some of the picks looks super clean and I will need this as soon as I install my sportcage next week!!

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpg
    IMG_0813.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Hey Branman! Love the build. its a great looking color and I like your clean style of mod. I did a similar spare rack in my 2 door, and love not having the weight 3 ft of the back end. My 2 door drives so much better with the weight forward. My selfish question is, what CB antenna cable are you using? The flat round one in some of the picks looks super clean and I will need this as soon as I install my sportcage next week!!

Thanks!

The flat connector on the Antenna side is a Fire Ring - The only problem with it is you have to run you cable from the rear forward as the Fire Ring would need a big hole to run out the gate. I had already ran mine then changed locations and had to come out a different spot on the gate so I cut it off and just soldered a standard plug with a weather cover to make it clean. The original pics was with a Fire Ring integrated with the mount so it was super clean and no bolt just the stud out the top.

Added some EVO D- Ring mounts in the rear :thumb:

Still need to cut off the tabs from the wing nuts and touch up the frame.

2015-01-07 13.20.17.jpg

2015-01-07 16.34.08.jpg

I did not trim flush as the cross member welds would have been compromised

Last edited:
Added some EVO A-Pillar light mounts - No lights yet, maybe I will add some twin trucker antennas here for the time being - 10-4 - come on!

2015-01-09 11.47.53.jpg

2015-01-09 11.48.04.jpg

Gas milage was declining and I was struggling with some of the tougher obstacles so I did this mod :bleh:

2015-01-09 14.07.51.jpg

A little ORE love down here in Rebel country :rock:

Awesome build man, I subscribed lol. You plan on putting a spring on your cb antenna? I also have a 3ft fire stick with the same mount, had a little more peace of mind knowing that I have a little flex when it comes to low branches with the spring. I installed the heavy duty spring and it doesn't rattle back and forth at highway speeds

Awesome build man, I subscribed lol. You plan on putting a spring on your cb antenna? I also have a 3ft fire stick with the same mount, had a little more peace of mind knowing that I have a little flex when it comes to low branches with the spring. I installed the heavy duty spring and it doesn't rattle back and forth at highway speeds

Thanks, its coming along. The antenna has a spring on it now - Post #125

Looks great! Im guessing there is not problem with the way you have your spare mounted?

Top Bottom