The "Mid Life" buy thread

Do you know how tall the highest point is on your jeep?

The roof at the wind shield is 75"

Question; I noticed you used your stock tire carrier for awhile. Wondering if you had any issues with the 37s sitting on the stock carrier. And, how much do your tires/wheels weigh?

Thanks!

I had no issues with the 37 on the stock carrier around town and light wheeling. What happened to me was at the Rubicon I banged it on a dropoff and warped something in the tailgate so it would no longer isolate well against the bumper and the isolators. This created some minor movement over bumps so I took it off to avoid any more damage to the tailgate. Running the big tire on the stock carrier is not a probalem as long as you don't land on it or drag it. This would be a issue with any carrier attached to the tailgate. My plan was always to take it off and throw it inside when wheeling but I didn't follow my own advice so live and learn. - The tire and wheel weigh about 120#

And thanks for the compliments :beer:

The roof at the wind shield is 75"

I had no issues with the 37 on the stock carrier around town and light wheeling. What happened to me was at the Rubicon I banged it on a dropoff and warped something in the tailgate so it would no longer isolate well against the bumper and the isolators. This created some minor movement over bumps so I took it off to avoid any more damage to the tailgate. Running the big tire on the stock carrier is not a probalem as long as you don't land on it or drag it. This would be a issue with any carrier attached to the tailgate. My plan was always to take it off and throw it inside when wheeling but I didn't follow my own advice so live and learn. - The tire and wheel weigh about 120#

And thanks for the compliments :beer:

Thanks for the feed back regarding the stock carrier. I asked because I have 37s that weigh around 110lbs each. I'm not taking it out to wheel hard until I upgrade to a front 44. So, I was wondering how it held up around town as I don't want any money going to a carrier until I get the front axle. Thanks again. I will try it now! Much appreciated. And I have subscribed to your build thread!

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the feed back regarding the stock carrier. I asked because I have 37s that weigh around 110lbs each. I'm not taking it out to wheel hard until I upgrade to a front 44. So, I was wondering how it held up around town as I don't want any money going to a carrier until I get the front axle. Thanks again. I will try it now! Much appreciated. And I have subscribed to your build thread!

Rich

My wheels have only 3.5 inch back spacing so you might need a spacer or come up with a way to make sure it is isolated well.

Cleaned up the tail gate a little with a tramp stamp 3rd brake/plate light and plate delete plug, still need to wire it up and plug a few more holes.

2014-11-02 14.43.09.jpg

Its time to lose the bumper and add some evo D rings!

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Branman,

Your build looks great! Still reading through it...

Anyways, I've got a front and rear bumper I just took off my 2015 JKUR...Not sure what it would cost to send it but it's yours if you want it...

SC

Thanks for the offer but I will be removing the rear bumper all together.

Wired up the 3rd brake light and License plate light along with some UFO's

2014-11-03 16.07.07.jpg

Took the easy route to wire: Used OEM wire to the factory plug in the tailgate for the 3rd brake light. then only had to run 1 wire to the passenger tail light and tied into the tail light wire (white-purple stripe) for the license plate light.

You couldn't get this guy out either huh? I tried everything I could to get that out but nothing. If you figure out a way, post it up for me please.

Capture.JPG

You couldn't get this guy out either huh? I tried everything I could to get that out but nothing. If you figure out a way, post it up for me please.

View attachment 108201

I remove this the other day, i have to get it from underneath with a flat head screw driver and press up on the tab to squeeze it. Took a needle nose pilers and pulled out

I remove this the other day, i have to get it from underneath with a flat head screw driver and press up on the tab to squeeze it. Took a needle nose pilers and pulled out

I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

After breaking my windshield the replacement had the mirror bracket just a hair higher then factory so my CB was too tight on my existing bracket - so as luck would have it 10frank9 had a alternative laying around so I got that installed this week. Thanks Frank :thumb:

2014-12-09 13.46.12.jpg

Also with a replacement windshield you needs a replacement WOL Banner :rock:

2014-12-09 13.45.25.jpg

:beer:

The deeper I look the more damage I find. Removed my rear bumper today and found it too had pushed up into the sheet metal. Oh well it's in the dumpster now :rock:

2015-01-06 14.17.46.jpg

I do like the no bumper rear. I did it to my 09 and will do it again with my 14 once I get a proper carrier. 👍

Top Bottom