The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
still think if you could figure out how to put the brake lights, turn lights, and backup lights in the three holes on the rack on each side it would look bad ass i would try it but first i need a tire carrier........:grayno:

JK1 said:
still think if you could figure out how to put the brake lights, turn lights, and backup lights in the three holes on the rack on each side it would look bad ass i would try it but first i need a tire carrier........:grayno:

The 3 holes on the carrier are angles 45 deg from the back. You would not be able to see the lights very well.

StrizzyChris said:
look at you...got it rough with two jeeps...whats that Rubicon?....u make me sick lol :tantrum:

Back up jeep. In case the kracken goes down. :D

03 rubicon, rubicon express 3.5 lift, 33 pro comp tires, warren 9.5 TI. It's my fathers dd jeep

Last edited:
Put on the 7/8 shackle installed. :D Used a BFH, because I know the question how will come up. ;)

Attachments

• image-1754330942.jpg
    image-1754330942.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 762
  • image-3989265697.jpg
    image-3989265697.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 756
The tramp stamp is on. Decided on not riveting it to the jeep. Made a template and used bolts. Also added a little rtv to keep it from rattling.

Attachments

• image-2083863392.jpg
    image-2083863392.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 715
evo sliders

do they have any lip on them to use as a step? or do they but up reaaly close to the body? I want a set but girlfriend and my mom have a hard time getting in. Awesome build by the way you have alot of stuff i want to put on my jeep. the back light lighting of eveo is awesome I thought about doing the same when i get the front bumper might put some white l.e.d.s in the front along with some rock lights.

Prime said:
do they have any lip on them to use as a step? or do they but up reaaly close to the body? I want a set but girlfriend and my mom have a hard time getting in. Awesome build by the way you have alot of stuff i want to put on my jeep. the back light lighting of eveo is awesome I thought about doing the same when i get the front bumper might put some white l.e.d.s in the front along with some rock lights.

Thank you. They set somewhat snug against the body. Its hard to use them as a step. The top is round and can be slippery. I'm going to put some skate board grip tape along the top to aid in traction. If your going for hard wheeling with lots of rocks then you will not go wrong. The LOD sliders are very nice and also have a step built onto them. Good luck with your build. Also I have to carry a step ladder for my mom to get in. :D

Prime said:

If you need more of a step give EVO a call. I believe they used to allow customers to order the sliders with less of a tight angle to the body. Not positive you can still do it, but it's worth the call as these sliders really are nice.

Sharkey said:
If you need more of a step give EVO a call. I believe they used to allow customers to order the sliders with less of a tight angle to the body. Not positive you can still do it, but it's worth the call as these sliders really are nice.

That's good to know!!! To late for me though. :)

Notajerryskid said:
Thank you. They set somewhat snug against the body. Its hard to use them as a step. The top is round and can be slippery. I'm going to put some skate board grip tape along the top to aid in traction. If your going for hard wheeling with lots of rocks then you will not go wrong. The LOD sliders are very nice and also have a step built onto them. Good luck with your build. Also I have to carry a step ladder for my mom to get in. :D

X2. Really like my LoD sliders. Great protection, beefy, and built in step for my wife. Steps also come in handy when you need roof/windshield access while washing, removing panels, etc... While the EVO ones are nice, the LoD ones are far more practical on the DD.

Thanks snarky I will do that and see, and thanks prime8 I love lod front stubby with the stinger I think it's dam sexy. I'm going to check those steps out also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom