The Kraken thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few things to still wire up. Tag light and third break light. I'll show them when I get them done.

Next is the EVO frame shackle points, high lift jack mounted, exhaust and evap canister relocation,

Attachments

• image-3374978896.jpg
    image-3374978896.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,074
Notajerryskid said:
I have a few things to still wire up. Tag light and third break light. I'll show them when I get them done.

Next is the EVO frame shackle points, high lift jack mounted, exhaust and evap canister relocation,

Looking good

Finished the third brake light. I like the idea, but not this version. I'm going to switch to red led's to spread out the light evenly. I just used the old third light and a custom sheet metal backing. Let me know what you guys think. Is this a good idea or dumb?

Attachments

• image-1671046945.jpg
    image-1671046945.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 839
  • image-2380892559.jpg
    image-2380892559.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 833
  • image-1419293398.jpg
    image-1419293398.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 850
Notajerryskid said:
Finished the third brake light. I like the idea, but not this version. I'm going to switch to red led's to spread out the light evenly. I just used the old third light and a custom sheet metal backing. Let me know what you guys think. Is this a good idea or dumb?

Love it! If you can get the light spread evenly it would be perfect!

Notajerryskid said:

Looks awesome. I might steal that idea.

clarsen said:
Can you weld it on while it's all together.

I'm sure you could. But I'm going to pull mine back off to weld it up. I have to remove the paint. Where the brackets connect to the skins is mostly off the jeeps body. I'm just welding mine for added strength.

third brake light looks good. LEDs to spread the light will make it look perfect though :2thumbsup:. Great build!!

Such a nice build top to bottom...clearly well thought out. Nice work! I love the third brake light idea but agree you need to use something to get an even spread of the light so the EVO logo shows up well. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Maybe a small led strip running vertically down each side of the EVO lettering and facing inward would give you an even spread without having any individual light shine brightly directly through the lettering? No hot spots but an even "glow" would look cool. I hope that makes sense.

I definitely like the integration of the EVO logo being used as the 3rd brake light hiding position, in fact it's what I had been planning on using since I first saw that carrier years ago. Unfortunately, i don't even have the EVO carrier yet :( I'm surprised no one has done this idea sooner, but you get the thumbs up. I also found this possibility of another option just in case I was not happy with trying to back light the EVO logo like you are doing. Search down at the bottom of this linked page. $26.00 for dual use led license plate bolt lights

http://www.customdynamics.com/illuminatorz_licence_plates.htm#LED_Tag_Bolts

Attachments

• image-2938979866.jpg
    image-2938979866.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
I love all these light mods. Guess I need to work on my electrical skills so I don't burn down my jeep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom