The "good news" thread…

MTG

Caught the Bug
So much of what is on the internet today focuses on bad news. If we focus on that, life can be a little depressing. But the truth is life is what you make of it, and most the time it is not really all that bad. In fact, I'd venture to say it is really quite good for most people. So I thought I'd start a thread about nothing but good news and see where it goes. I'm interested to see if it is a popular as the "negative" threads that are far too common.

Feel free to share any good news you have (jeep related or not). I'll start...

So I woke up this morning at 4:00 thinking/dreaming that I had blown a deadline at work. It was an issue that had been pending for a while, but wasn't a huge deal, had been put on the back burner and there were many other fires that had to be put out first. Needless to say I jumped up and grabbed the laptop and started to work. Turns out I hadn't blown a deadline (but it was close), sent a few emails and set up meetings with the right people. By the afternoon we had a plan in place and things are in motion to get the issue resolved on time…early in fact. Although tired, I made a bunch of progress on another matter I was working on, had a great non-work related meeting this afternoon, got some good news from an advisor and spent an enjoyable evening having a nice healthy dinner with my family. Although it didn't start that way, all-in-all it turned out to be a great day! :rock:

Love this idea! Here's mine:

So, I have been doing everything I can over the last 6 months searching for a new job, where I can use my education, as well as work for a company that actually treats their employees like assets and not expenditures. This past Saturday I accepted a position with a great company as a project manager for a masonry company and was able to turn in my 2 week notice on Monday. To add to that, my new position is going to come with the perk of a truck to use as my own. So I'll be able to remove the JK from its current DD status.

Could not be happier right now. Well unless I win the Power Ball tonight!

Love this idea! Here's mine:

So, I have been doing everything I can over the last 6 months searching for a new job, where I can use my education, as well as work for a company that actually treats their employees like assets and not expenditures. This past Saturday I accepted a position with a great company as a project manager for a masonry company and was able to turn in my 2 week notice on Monday. To add to that, my new position is going to come with the perk of a truck to use as my own. So I'll be able to remove the JK from its current DD status.

Could not be happier right now. Well unless I win the Power Ball tonight!

That's awesome! Nice job!* :thumb:

*no pun intended.

I got all my paperwork and stuff turned into the VA Hospital in Roseburg today with no issues. Even got a whole bunch of information I was not aware about, a tour of the hospital and have really good drive to and from with my Father-in-law. Had a great day!

Im 7 days from leaving South Korea to head back home after a year away. I also got my income tax money today.... Oh the possibilities!

This is a great thread idea.

I'm excited because I almost have enough money saved up to get new tires! Getting closer to reality.

I like the idea of this thread and hope it stays.

I'm thankful that my appointment went well. I was able to save $105k of annual Internet advertising and my client confirmed a roi from the program. 👍 considering I had 4.5 hours of windshield time today the drive in the Jk was pretty nice!

I filled out my application for pest control inspector yesterday which means a huge raise and I won't be swinging a hammer everyday much longer :fingerscrosssed:

Top Bottom