The "Delicate Flower" Build

This is too complicated for me to understand but it seems quite sophisticated and impressive!
Hopefully the batteries are okay. I heard that the batteries delivered with some Genisis kits are junk, fail right away, and are difficult to get replaced under warranty.
Thank you. I really enjoy the system, thus far. At least I don't have to worry about the AUX battery conking out again randomly. The G screen monitors the battery so I can see the status from inside the cab (once I get it installed). I went with the ones they recommended and they seem to be solid batteries.

Batteries in my Kit

Brute

Hooked
It is tight but there is some room! Great thought!
You might want to air down to trail pressure, then air back up and check if you might want to add some heat shielding…

I just had a buddy light his back seat on fire, possibly rechargeable battles for cordless tools…seats are definitely combustible…

You might want to air down to trail pressure, then air back up and check if you might want to add some heat shielding…

I just had a buddy light his back seat on fire, possibly rechargeable battles for cordless tools…seats are definitely combustible…
Thanks for the advice. I didn't go down to trail pressure (20psi) but I'll definitely run that. Fortunately I have some laying around so may do that just for due diligence. Thanks for the helpful post!

Thank you. I really enjoy the system, thus far. At least I don't have to worry about the AUX battery conking out again randomly. The G screen monitors the battery so I can see the status from inside the cab (once I get it installed). I went with the ones they recommended and they seem to be solid batteries.

Batteries in my Kit
That is not the battery brand that had the problems.

I installed the Genesis "G Screen" today. The daylight picture isn't mine (pulled off internet) but the nighttime one is. I pulled the daytime picture to show where I installed mine for reference. Really cool gadget. IMG_0467.jpg

185-JLDBK_2-FWMW.jpeg

Looking good!! Lot of work but always worth it in the end. Was great chatting with you today Erik! Hopefully we can get those dam RCV’s shipped soon 🤪

waynem

Probably no trail fix for that huh?
Nothing quick. They are held in with locking nuts on the back side so you can't get out the broken piece without breaking down the rim. So not a trail fix but certainly doable (and done) over a couple beers at camp that night..... assuming you are carrying spares. Hutchisons are pretty easy to break down. Will likely go back to rubber stems when I have to replace the tires.

Will be interesting to see what you think of those Apex valves. They certainly make airing down fast but they have a tendency to snap off and THAT deflates a tire in a hurry.

Maybe its just the profile on the Hutchisons but I've managed to snap two off in six months...

View attachment 380770

View attachment 380771
Wow that is crazy and sorry to hear that! Fortunately I haven't had that happen, hopefully never, but work has been so busy I haven't been wheeling much. I'll definitely pay attention to that. Has APEX take care of you?

waynem

Wow that is crazy and sorry to hear that! Fortunately I haven't had that happen, hopefully never, but work has been so busy I haven't been wheeling much. I'll definitely pay attention to that. Has APEX take care of you?
Naw.. I didn't complain. I'm the one dragging the wheels over rocks and they really aren't that expensive.

Just had this stuff installed:

Evo Front Truss Kit
RCV Front Axle Shafts
Synergy HD Ball Joints
Reid HD Knuckles
Teraflex Delta Brake Kit
Artec Rear Axle Truss
Adams 1350 Front/Rear Drive Shafts
Revolution Rear Axle Shafts
ARB Pressure Control System

B9C87D8C-0980-4617-AFB2-0EC94651E9EC.jpeg

Thank you again for the tip. I got some ceramic fire blanket that sits between the compressor and seat.

ETA: Fire blanket didn’t fit. So have standard heat shield under the seat.

Last edited:
Awesome glad you got it all installed!
Thanks bud. I’ve been meaning to leave you some positive reviews. Anywhere in particular? Thank you for all the help, advice, and always being reachable.

I’m glad it’s all installed too. It’s a hard to describe the feeling of the Jeep now. It’s still very tame on the road but has changed enough performance wise to give you more confidence off road. The big brakes really do make a difference.

Ran into an interesting scenario last weekend. 10-15 Jeeps on a tight trail and the guy in front of me didn’t have a spare and aired down to 10psi on non beadlock wheels. He popped the bead. It took a lot of time getting air to his front tire via musical Jeeps. The lady in front of him didn’t have air and no one, including myself, had a long enough hose.

So I decided to run air lines to the front and rear of the JT. I also went ahead and isolated each line with a ball valve so if one line goes down I can shut it off and not affect the others from working.

16DBB8C0-6222-43DF-AB8E-E6CC057776AF.jpeg EBAD4970-A695-4E1B-B41C-AF5B36BFFF9C.jpeg 3207ED7D-2410-4C7B-A359-82AE42D0A475.jpeg

Top Bottom