The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

JeepFan

Hooked
Question
I have a in switched outlet in the back.
why put one in ? Other than looking cool like Tony. ;)
The main reason is to look cool like me! LOL!

I have run into trouble with the factory outlet not delivering enough current to keep the fridge freeze running. Even with the ARB battery setting set to the lowest setting, it would stop running intermittently.

Also, I don't like the way the factory plug is oriented; anything you plug in sticks out into the cargo area leaving it exposed to possible breakage.

Just my 2 cents!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The main reason is to look cool like me! LOL!

I have run into trouble with the factory outlet not delivering enough current to keep the fridge freeze running. Even with the ARB battery setting set to the lowest setting, it would stop running intermittently.

Also, I don't like the way the factory plug is oriented; anything you plug in sticks out into the cargo area leaving it exposed to possible breakage.

Just my 2 cents!
This ^^^^ The wire gauge on the factory outlet isn't heavy enough to deliver enough current.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
In my honest opinion, the ACM is a must have for your JL or JT.

Here's my attempt at installing the ARB compressor in our 2023 JLU with this great part from WAL.

View attachment 382866
Here's what's being installed. ACM and Heatshield, ARB Compressor and misc plumbing bits.

View attachment 382867
The install was pretty straight forward but on a JL with the 3.6 eTorque engine, there's a lot more plumbing you have to deal with.

View attachment 382868

With 3 cooling systems on this JL, I had to make a simple bracket to mount the air chuck bracket and ARB air filter relocation bracket above the brake booster. Of course, there are other mounting options for the air chuck but I preferred to mount mine under the hood.

View attachment 382869

And that's it!
Tony, I am ordering all the arb stuff as we speak. What did you order in order to run the breather up to where you have it mounted? I like the idea of having it there next to the air chuck

JeepFan

Hooked
Tony, I am ordering all the arb stuff as we speak. What did you order in order to run the breather up to where you have it mounted? I like the idea of having it there next to the air chuck
OI ordered the kit from Amazon:

ARB Air Filter Relocation Kit (171319)​

I made the bracket from a piece of square aluminum bar from Home Depot.

Top Bottom