The Chronicles of JeepFan and GemHunter

JeepFan

Hooked
Thanks Eddie! Do you think its worth the money to get the Fox steering damper? Thinking about getting one...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie! Do you think its worth the money to get the Fox steering damper? Thinking about getting one...

No. While it worked well, I couldn't say it worked any better than the OE stabilizer. Also, the tie-rod clamp is made out of aluminum and it takes a beating that it can't recover from. I'm running OE again because of this.

JeepFan

Hooked
No. While it worked well, I couldn't say it worked any better than the OE stabilizer. Also, the tie-rod clamp is made out of aluminum and it takes a beating that it can't recover from. I'm running OE again because of this.
Good to know! Thanks again! I'll run the OEM damper for now.
No paint marks on the steering gear box bolts? What kind of OCD do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Lol!! Its not my fault! Gemhunter was in charge of the paint marks. I'll get her to correct it tomorrow. [emoji1787]

JeepFan

Hooked
Install looks like it went well. It’s looking good! [emoji106] Hows it driving?
I took the JL out for a drive where before, the steering exhibited lots of issues...such as...

Slight death wobble.
Difficult to keep the Jeep in the middle of the lane or excessive wander.
Steering wheel way off center on uneven or crowned road.

I'm happy to say that the Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace corrected these issues.

I will post a second report when I put more miles on it but I'm really happy with this product. [emoji106]

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I took the JL out for a drive where before, the steering exhibited lots of issues...such as...

Slight death wobble.
Difficult to keep the Jeep in the middle of the lane or excessive wander.
Steering wheel way off center on uneven or crowned road.

I'm happy to say that the Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace corrected these issues.

I will post a second report when I put more miles on it but I'm really happy with this product. [emoji106]

Awesome! I’m glad it corrected all that. I remember having those same issues with my JK...I hated it. Glad to know this will correct it and with a simple install. [emoji106]

JeepFan

Hooked
In my honest opinion, the ACM is a must have for your JL or JT.

Here's my attempt at installing the ARB compressor in our 2023 JLU with this great part from WAL.

20221210_085754.jpg
Here's what's being installed. ACM and Heatshield, ARB Compressor and misc plumbing bits.

20221211_124023.jpg
The install was pretty straight forward but on a JL with the 3.6 eTorque engine, there's a lot more plumbing you have to deal with.

20221211_132539.jpg

With 3 cooling systems on this JL, I had to make a simple bracket to mount the air chuck bracket and ARB air filter relocation bracket above the brake booster. Of course, there are other mounting options for the air chuck but I preferred to mount mine under the hood.

20221211_123913.jpg

And that's it!

benatc1

Hooked
nice! I have the etourque as well and will be diving into this soon. Anything majorly different or just more stuff in the way?

JeepFan

Hooked
nice! I have the etourque as well and will be diving into this soon. Anything majorly different or just more stuff in the way?
Nothing major. If you route the air line the way I did, you'll have run it between the 2 aluminum battery pack cooling pipes. It might be hard to see what I did in the pic because I covered the air line with expandable braided sleeving.

benatc1

Hooked
Nothing major. If you route the air line the way I did, you'll have run it between the 2 aluminum battery pack cooling pipes. It might be hard to see what I did in the pic because I covered the air line with expandable braided sleeving.
Thanks man!

JAGS

Hooked
In my honest opinion, the ACM is a must have for your JL or JT.

Here's my attempt at installing the ARB compressor in our 2023 JLU with this great part from WAL.

View attachment 382866
Here's what's being installed. ACM and Heatshield, ARB Compressor and misc plumbing bits.

View attachment 382867
The install was pretty straight forward but on a JL with the 3.6 eTorque engine, there's a lot more plumbing you have to deal with.

View attachment 382868

With 3 cooling systems on this JL, I had to make a simple bracket to mount the air chuck bracket and ARB air filter relocation bracket above the brake booster. Of course, there are other mounting options for the air chuck but I preferred to mount mine under the hood.

View attachment 382869

And that's it!
Post up more pics of your new Jeeps. 😎 What do you as far of lifts/what do you plan on going with this time around. 👍

Top Bottom