The buying of "Bolder"

Started pulling the cage tonight.

IMG_2720.jpg

Took longer then I planned so I'll have to finish later.

^crickets.

Big thanks to Benito for hooking me up with these...

IMG_2762.jpg
Just need to get a new fire extinguisher now.

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

I thought this was such a great solution. Hopefully I'll get to put it to use hunting this year?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The buying of "Bolder"

Well, I hear the drivers side speaker box is a pain to get out.

Unscrew few bolts holding the dash around that area. You need To pop instrument cluster part of the dash out to get to some screws. Then just bend the dash out enough to take the speaker housing out. Its not all that bad. You really should be looking into upgrading the head unit also, speakers by itself won't make that much of a difference. I believe the stock headunit is only pushing 18watts.

Unscrew few bolts holding the dash around that area. You need To pop instrument cluster part of the dash out to get to some screws. Then just bend the dash out enough to take the speaker housing out. Its not all that bad. You really should be looking into upgrading the head unit also, speakers by itself won't make that much of a difference. I believe the stock headunit is only pushing 18watts.

The speaker upgrade is being driven by the fact that the cage is out, and I don't want to have to pull it again. I'm not an audiophile, I'm actually able to tolerate the stock speakers, just think some better ones will be...well, better. I've read quite a few reviews of people that are pretty happy after just the speaker upgrade. I've also seen a few videos where the box can be pulled without removing the dash. The new Alpine system looks awesome, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that head unit!

The speaker upgrade is being driven by the fact that the cage is out, and I don't want to have to pull it again. I'm not an audiophile, I'm actually able to tolerate the stock speakers, just think some better ones will be...well, better. I've read quite a few reviews of people that are pretty happy after just the speaker upgrade. I've also seen a few videos where the box can be pulled without removing the dash. The new Alpine system looks awesome, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that head unit!

I personally don't like that alpine system, it sticks out the dash too much for my taste. Also the price tag on that is just silly.
Good luck on whatever you decide.

Top Bottom