The Building of the Banana Jeep

Brute

Hooked
We use to camp on the sand bars in valley when I was a kid. We drove the Jeep and bronco on there as well . One morning we work up and the tent floor felt like an under filled waterbed matress. Apparently,. They had some rain up river. Lol!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Camping on a sand bar is flirting with disaster...ditto in a dry wash. Mother Nature is unpredictable...and unforgiving...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RonG

Camping on a sand bar is flirting with disaster...ditto in a dry wash. Mother Nature is unpredictable...and unforgiving...

The sand bars and dry washes always look so inviting - sandy, no rocks... they always look like the perfect place to pitch the tent. They are perfect - until the wall of water comes downstream from the rain upstream that you didn't even know about. Then you're miserable (and maybe dead).

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Ordered a mobile UHF/VHF radio to throw in the Jeep, along with a NMO style antenna. My local Jeep club has switched over to using these UHF radios, and I've ran a BaoFeng portable for awhile. It has worked great, and it's awesome to be able to get out of the Jeep and still walk around with a radio. I've settled on a TalkCoop KT-8900 with a TRAM Dual-Band NMO antenna. I don't know tons about this style radio, or really radios in general, but it's been a fun learning process. Will post pics when everything gets in!

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Ordered a mobile UHF/VHF radio to throw in the Jeep, along with a NMO style antenna. My local Jeep club has switched over to using these UHF radios, and I've ran a BaoFeng portable for awhile. It has worked great, and it's awesome to be able to get out of the Jeep and still walk around with a radio. I've settled on a TalkCoop KT-8900 with a TRAM Dual-Band NMO antenna. I don't know tons about this style radio, or really radios in general, but it's been a fun learning process. Will post pics when everything gets in!
Very nice! How about a cobra handheld that was basically brand-new here a couple weeks ago and it works really well just running up and down the highway. Can't wait to get it on the trails and see how it does.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Very nice! How about a cobra handheld that was basically brand-new here a couple weeks ago and it works really well just running up and down the highway. Can't wait to get it on the trails and see how it does.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Cobra 75wxst? If so, that's the same CB I have in my Jeep. I love it, it's not the most powerful radio out there and it's stupid expensive brand new, but I love not having a box to mount anywhere. I keep mine on a gearkeeper so it's always there ready to use.

Very nice [emoji1303]

Nothing to see here, just a flex ramp on a random parking lot somewhere in Nebraska.

Looking good [emoji106]

Lol at a mall of all places. #MallRated :crazyeyes:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I put my new UHF/VHF radio in the Jeep. Love this thing. I wish everyone would switch over to UHF radios, much clearer than CB and with so many frequencies you're guaranteed to find at least one without static or other people on it. Plus, at 25w, they get out pretty far.

radio.jpg

So after that was all buttoned up, I got bored and took the Jeep about an hour north of Omaha to Fort Atkinson. Fort Atkinson is in Fort Calhoun, NE, and was the first U.S. Army post established west of the Missouri River. It opened in the early 1800s and closed in 1827. It has been mostly rebuilt, but still a cool place to check out.

forta.jpg

Also, got my Taco cleaned up. So that's that.

truck.jpg

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Had a good time wheeling this weekend with some good friends. Overall, a pretty fun day. We had one guy break a u-joint, so that ruined his afternoon but other than that, no breaks. We were all able to drive home under our own power!

Banana Jeep leading the way....

group+shot.jpg

I got pretty stuck trying to exit a hard line out of the mini rock garden. I think if my Jeep was a few inches taller I could have made it out without winching. :crazyeyes:

winching.jpg

winching+from+corey.jpg

22089946_10215004902174809_145421871566377417_n.jpg

And us fixing Richard's Jeep.

fixing+richards+jeep.jpg

Top Bottom