The building of Bison

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice! We've been looking at those, might just do a true full size SUV but I feel like you and I have similar car taste lol
We do! So we were bouncing between the wagoneer (not grand wagoneer) and the GCL Summit or overland. I was being told that the wagoneer is still a little ways out. They will release the GW first, followed by the wagoneer. There was also a 20k difference between similar optioned platforms, which is a ton for one more seat and a couple extra screens in the back seat.

My wife is constantly hauling around a couple extra kids so we needed a 6 seat minimum vehicle. We liked the overland better, but we could not find one in white with the black roof and the guys were having a hard time committing to a date if we had one built so we ended up with a summit reserve. It has a nicer interior, but we didn’t care for as much as the cleaner lines of the overland.

benatc1

Hooked
We do! So we were bouncing between the wagoneer (not grand wagoneer) and the GCL Summit or overland. I was being told that the wagoneer is still a little ways out. They will release the GW first, followed by the wagoneer. There was also a 20k difference between similar optioned platforms, which is a ton for one more seat and a couple extra screens in the back seat.

My wife is constantly hauling around a couple extra kids so we needed a 6 seat minimum vehicle. We liked the overland better, but we could not find one in white with the black roof and the guys were having a hard time committing to a date if we had one built so we ended up with a summit reserve. It has a nicer interior, but we didn’t care for as much as the cleaner lines of the overland.
That's kinda where we are with space or at least sooner than later. I was pushing for one of these and she used to have a GC and loved it, but then, one time we had a loaner from the dealer not to long ago and it was one of those top of the line Escalade long ones so now she knows she wants that kind of space for the future. Granted I'm in no way going to buy an Escalade not does she want that specifically. So I'm trying to hold out for the Wagonner or GW or else we may do a Yukon. Got some time still lol

wjtstudios

Hooked
The wife was just telling me she wanted a 3rd row vehicle and I was looking at these… spill the beans on all of it…. Likes/dislikes etc. They don’t have any locally to check out and if they do, they’ll likely be bare bones as basic as you get get it.
So we’ve only driven it 40 miles or so, but so far it’s beautiful. We did test drive a limited, but truly, they took the summit to a another level. Size and function, it’s a bit smaller than the traverse she came out of, but not to the point where it wouldn’t work for her. And for long trips, we’ll take the Ram anyway. The limited drove well, was very quiet while driving, and was decently optioned. The summit is dead quiet, a lot smoother ride and all the technology is amazing and well integrated. The level two autonomous driving will take some getting used to, but I can see the advantage on the highway on long trips. But it held the lane even in tight curves quite smoothly. I haven’t got to play with the other protech options yet. It does have the ride height suspension that will raise and lower it 6” which it lowers automatically when you park or get to highway speed and it raises to mid to tall depending on the terrain setting or you can adjust on your own.

there’s a lot of tech and options, which I’m sure will cost a ton to repair long term, we also got a 10 year 150k full warranty on it.

So far we love it. It will be interesting to see how it handles the first trip

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So we’ve only driven it 40 miles or so, but so far it’s beautiful. We did test drive a limited, but truly, they took the summit to a another level. Size and function, it’s a bit smaller than the traverse she came out of, but not to the point where it wouldn’t work for her. And for long trips, we’ll take the Ram anyway. The limited drove well, was very quiet while driving, and was decently optioned. The summit is dead quiet, a lot smoother ride and all the technology is amazing and well integrated. The level two autonomous driving will take some getting used to, but I can see the advantage on the highway on long trips. But it held the lane even in tight curves quite smoothly. I haven’t got to play with the other protech options yet. It does have the ride height suspension that will raise and lower it 6” which it lowers automatically when you park or get to highway speed and it raises to mid to tall depending on the terrain setting or you can adjust on your own.

there’s a lot of tech and options, which I’m sure will cost a ton to repair long term, we also got a 10 year 150k full warranty on it.

So far we love it. It will be interesting to see how it handles the first trip
Thanks!

wjtstudios

Hooked
That's kinda where we are with space or at least sooner than later. I was pushing for one of these and she used to have a GC and loved it, but then, one time we had a loaner from the dealer not to long ago and it was one of those top of the line Escalade long ones so now she knows she wants that kind of space for the future. Granted I'm in no way going to buy an Escalade not does she want that specifically. So I'm trying to hold out for the Wagonner or GW or else we may do a Yukon. Got some time still lol
There’s definitely a bunch more room when compared to the GC, but it’s a lot smaller than a Yukon.

black pearl

Hooked
Bison’s back to normal. I had my buddies shop press the new bearings in verses running the risk of me not tapping them in perfectly. I put 100 miles on it and the hub temps are back to equal on both sides. So that problem is solved.
Now be sure to show it some love on the trail 😜

Top Bottom