The building of Anvil II -- The Deuce

Got the tops switched out. Took the hard top off, by myself. I got inside the Jeep and walked out with it.

Top off...
IMG_8402.jpg

New, to me, top on...
IMG_8415.jpg
IMG_8414.jpg

I made some paracord zipper pulls, while I was at it...
IMG_8411.jpg

Not too bad for $325.00. I think I have my hard top sold for $1100.00, locally! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got the tops switched out. Took the hard top off, by myself. I got inside the Jeep and walked out with it.

Not too bad for $325.00. I think I have my hard top sold for $1100.00, locally! [emoji1303]

While I know it's possible to do as I've done it myself, removing a hardtop by yourself is no easy feat! :shock: :crazyeyes:

Congrats on the top swap :thumb:

Wow! :thumb: Congrats on doing it yourself. That's a task. That's probably the best way to do it though.

Zipper pulls look good too. FYI, we have zipper pulls on all of our windows, in less than 6 months, they look like shit, sun fades them quick. If you can, tuck them up in the flaps.

Well done! I've seen a youtube video of a guy hulk carrying his hard top from the jeep to his front lawn. It definitely looked more awkward balancing it then the actual weight.

Well done! I've seen a youtube video of a guy hulk carrying his hard top from the jeep to his front lawn. It definitely looked more awkward balancing it then the actual weight.

It really isn't that heavy. It's awkward. I don't recommend it, but the only buddy I had available, almost dropped the top for my 2 door, and scratched my Jeep. The strong ones were out of town [emoji13].

Got inside, on my knees, and balanced it on my head and hands. Knee walked it to the back, and stepped out. They aren't really that heavy, just awkward to handle.

I've done that before with mine before I built my top hoist ... the fun part is getting it back up off the ground to the jeep
The new top looks good I hope to get a soft top at some point

I've done that before with mine before I built my top host ... the fun part is getting it back up off the ground to the jeep
The new top looks good I hope to get a soft top at some point

Thanks. It's old, but in good shape. The fellow I got it from ran it a couple of years. He bought it from a shop that had a bunch of take offs to sell.

Top Bottom