The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Not normal. I wonder where it’s coming from? I don’t know if it’s serious or not, guessing not. The burn looks good on the plugs, but quite a bit of wear. The
gap looks pretty big! I might change mine soon based on your findings.

Not normal. I wonder where it’s coming from? I don’t know if it’s serious or not, guessing not. The burn looks good on the plugs, but quite a bit of wear. The
gap looks pretty big! I might change mine soon based on your findings.

I looked it up and they say that it could be a leaking valve cover gasket or failing o ring seal at the bottom of the spark plug well. It says it’s serious, so I might take it in eventually.

Beware when you go to change your spark plugs, the driver side 3 are a pain to get to

Last edited:
I looked it up and they say that it could be a leaking valve cover gasket or failing o ring seal at the bottom of the spark plug well. It says it’s serious, so I might take it in eventually.

Beware when you go to change your spark plugs, the driver side 3 are a pain to get to

They are a pain. One of those things the engineers probably laughed at when they were designing the engine

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Do you see evidence of a leaking valve cover now that your in there? Could be oil getting past the oil filter housing during oil changes and making its way past the spark plug boots. Do you do your own oil changes? Otherwise a grease jockey might not be as careful not to accidentally dump a bunch of oil down there when changing the filter.

That being said, your pictures make it look like the area was pretty dry.

Did you happen to notice if your plugs were in good and tight when loosening them to remover them. The wet threads remind me of loose plugs, but doesn’t explain the pooling at the top of the plug hole. Maybe a valve cover leak like you mentioned. Maybe make sure they are torqued to spec.

They are a pain. One of those things the engineers probably laughed at when they were designing the engine

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

No kidding lol I wish they wouldn’t do that kind of thing...

Do you see evidence of a leaking valve cover now that your in there?

I don’t see any signs of a leaky valve cover

Could be oil getting past the oil filter housing during oil changes and making its way past the spark plug boots. Do you do your own oil changes? Otherwise a grease jockey might not be as careful not to accidentally dump a bunch of oil down there when changing the filter.

I do my own oil changes and I’m typically clean about it. I wouldn’t say I’m perfect either lol

That being said, your pictures make it look like the area was pretty dry.

Did you happen to notice if your plugs were in good and tight when loosening them to remover them. The wet threads remind me of loose plugs, but doesn’t explain the pooling at the top of the plug hole. Maybe a valve cover leak like you mentioned. Maybe make sure they are torqued to spec.

The plugs seemed to be torqued pretty good. It just has me baffled... everything else around my engine didn’t have any signs of oil. Maybe it will be fine, but I might just have to take it in to make sure.

Just had a friend from Florida show up in town this week. He pedal biked all the way here. So for a few days he is using us as a rest stop. Took him to twin lakes overlook today. IMG_6800.jpgIMG_6802.jpg

Now that is a spectacular picture

How long did it take to pedal from Florida to Montana?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

That's a beautiful location [emoji106]

Thanks! Not a hard trail but definitely a beautiful view.

Now that is a spectacular picture

How long did it take to pedal from Florida to Montana?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

He is on day 55, he is heading to Portland then might head south on the pacific coast highway. I warned him about the fires, but he said he would play it by ear. He was shocked at how smoky it is.

He is on day 55, he is heading to Portland then might head south on the pacific coast highway. I warned him about the fires, but he said he would play it by ear. He was shocked at how smoky it is.

That’s one hell of an adventure

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks! Not a hard trail but definitely a beautiful view.

He better hurry the protests may wrap up soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just installed some Rugged Ridge heated seat covers in time for some cold mornings! Don’t mind the filthy floor, my shopvac took a shit...IMG_6823.jpg
Not to fond of the the switch location, might put in somewhere else since they can pop out.IMG_6824.jpg
Nice cold afternoon in Big Sky
IMG_6821.jpg

Last edited:
Nice upgrade!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Thanks!

Nice, you gonna do the tierod and draglink? They make great stuff I have been happy with all their stuff.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eventually I’ll swap them out over time. I was going to get new control arms but figured this was more important, I’ve had a little wobble in the steering wheel lately. Hopefully this fixes it 🤞 plus qtech failed on the order of the control arms, so I cancelled it.

Top Bottom