The BEST "I HATE WAYALIFE" YouTube Video Comments

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As you can see from the guy's username, he's an old school SR5 kinda guy. As anyone who lives up there will tell you, a lot of their trails consist of tight narrow trees and mud. When the JK first came out over 13 years ago, all the "locals" up there said that you couldn't wheel one on their trails being that it was too big and long. Well, Mel soon proved them all wrong but even after that, a lot of the "locals" still tended to give guys like us the finger. I dunno, a part of me thought they were all just racists but I think more of it was just hate for the JK. Either way, I've wheeled a better part of the USA and the PNW is maybe one of the only places I've ever felt so unwelcomed.

Abntroop

So, I just got the following lovely comments from a nwyoda87 and I gotta say... it's guys like him that make me never want to wheel up in PNW again. Now, I know there are those of you who are in fact nice people but I gotta say, more times than not, these are the kind of people that I meet when I'm up there.

View attachment 321413

Well, not all of us are like that. [emoji849] That being said, I have met a lot of folks that go full tilt wacko like that up here and More than a handful of groups I never wheeled a second time with or did another trail cleanup with due to this kind of mentality. It’s not just the wheelers, it’s a lot of folks and unfortunately it affects the politics etc etc etc. ergo why Laurie and I are pulling up roots and leaving the PNW. I like to consider myself a reasonable person. I don’t align myself with either side politically, I find folks up here are so obsessed with trying to force other people to match their self declared expectations. What I see daily are a lot of self entitled over privileged people who fail to grasp that with great freedom comes great personal responsibility. Most of the large wheeling groups up here work tightly with BLM, dept of Forestry, tread lightly, etc in an effort to keep lands open and ungated as over the last fifteen years a lot of gate keepers have been installed due to illegal dumping and folks trashing the trails in general. Overprotective ness is drilled into the groups at every meeting, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but some folks turn it into their personal crusade and get really nasty about it. Makes it unpleasant to be around for sure. Sorry you were on the receiving end of that Bud.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
So, I just got the following lovely comments from a nwyoda87 and I gotta say... it's guys like him that make me never want to wheel up in PNW again. Now, I know there are those of you who are in fact nice people but I gotta say, more times than not, these are the kind of people that I meet when I'm up there.

View attachment 321413

What dick. Some people are really just shit bags. Sorry people leave you comments like that Eddie.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, not all of us are like that. [emoji849] That being said, I have met a lot of folks that go full tilt wacko like that up here and More than a handful of groups I never wheeled a second time with or did another trail cleanup with due to this kind of mentality. It’s not just the wheelers, it’s a lot of folks and unfortunately it affects the politics etc etc etc. ergo why Laurie and I are pulling up roots and leaving the PNW. I like to consider myself a reasonable person. I don’t align myself with either side politically, I find folks up here are so obsessed with trying to force other people to match their self declared expectations. What I see daily are a lot of self entitled over privileged people who fail to grasp that with great freedom comes great personal responsibility. Most of the large wheeling groups up here work tightly with BLM, dept of Forestry, tread lightly, etc in an effort to keep lands open and ungated as over the last fifteen years a lot of gate keepers have been installed due to illegal dumping and folks trashing the trails in general. Overprotective ness is drilled into the groups at every meeting, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but some folks turn it into their personal crusade and get really nasty about it. Makes it unpleasant to be around for sure. Sorry you were on the receiving end of that Bud.

Oh, don't get me wrong, for sure there are great people up there too. As we clearly show in the video, locals invited the JKX up to your neck of the woods and they LED us on the trails. However, much of what you described is what I've seen every time I've been up there. We'd literally pull into a gas station and some yahoo will come right up to me and say, "I hope you aren't planning to wheel that thing around here!" No lie, that has happened and on multiple occasions.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What dick. Some people are really just shit bags. Sorry people leave you comments like that Eddie.

It's all good. Not like you posted it up :crazyeyes:

As this thread demonstrates, I get comments like this all the time but this one just reminded me of how I've been treated up in the PNW. Clearly, a lot of the guys up there are just like this in person too.

Abntroop

As you can see from the guy's username, he's an old school SR5 kinda guy. As anyone who lives up there will tell you, a lot of their trails consist of tight narrow trees and mud. When the JK first came out over 13 years ago, all the "locals" up there said that you couldn't wheel one on their trails being that it was too big and long. Well, Mel soon proved them all wrong but even after that, a lot of the "locals" still tended to give guys like us the finger. I dunno, a part of me thought they were all just racists but I think more of it was just hate for the JK. Either way, I've wheeled a better part of the USA and the PNW is maybe one of the only places I've ever felt so unwelcomed.

Yeah, I caught a lot of shit and wierd looks as I was one of a small handful of folks putting an H3 through those tight spaces.

Abntroop

Oh, don't get me wrong, for sure there are great people up there too. As we clearly show in the video, locals invited the JKX up to your neck of the woods and they LED us on the trails. However, much of what you described is what I've seen every time I've been up there. We'd literally pull into a gas station and some yahoo will come right up to me and say, "I hope you aren't planning to wheel that thing around here!" No lie, that has happened and on multiple occasions.

Well if there’s one constant up here IMHO, a lot of folks in the PNW fall under the classification of “wullybugger” meaning they come from a bit too much backwoods inbreeding with a healthy dose of 60’s draft dodger hippy DNA. As much as I love the miles of forest service roads and the variety in terrain the PNW has to offer, having grown up in New Mexico and Arizona the culture up here has always left much to be desired. Although I feel that way about the majority of the I-5 corridor in general. Looking forward to a slower, more reasonable pace of life without all the BS.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I caught a lot of shit and wierd looks as I was one of a small handful of folks putting an H3 through those tight spaces.

:shock: Whoa - now that would have been a sight to see!! :crazyeyes:

Well if there’s one constant up here IMHO, a lot of folks in the PNW fall under the classification of “wullybugger” meaning they come from a bit too much backwoods inbreeding with a healthy dose of 60’s draft dodger hippy DNA. As much as I love the miles of forest service roads and the variety in terrain the PNW has to offer, having grown up in New Mexico and Arizona the culture up here has always left much to be desired. Although I feel that way about the majority of the I-5 corridor in general. Looking forward to a slower, more reasonable pace of life without all the BS.

LOL!! Too funny and I couldn't agree with you more regarding the I-5 corridor. Cindy and I grew up in SoCal and I have family up in NorCal and know exactly what you mean.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note, for those of you who aren't aware, both Walker Valley and Elbe Hills are OHV parks. These are the two trails this nwyoda87 was giving us shit about. In other words, we were wheeling in a place designated to be wheeled in. It's not like we were up in the Naches, going off trail and jacking up forest roads. :rolleyes2:

Abntroop

:shock: Whoa - now that would have been a sight to see!! :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Too funny and I couldn't agree with you more regarding the I-5 corridor. Cindy and I grew up in SoCal and I have family up in NorCal and know exactly what you mean.

A lot of folks knock the H3, but the alpha package with the V8, front and rear lockers, crank up the front torsion bars on the front ifs to fit 35’s, and comes stock geared at 4:10, was a great rig. Everyone sees them blinged out in chrome on huge wheels with LP tires. Waste of a competent vehicle. Plus I think it was a cool looking rig. Obviously not to everyone’s tastes. Only broke one half shaft in several years. Had plenty of torque to go slow n steady. Great highway manners and went from 18mpg to 11-13 on 35’s with the belly fully slid plated and pulling my trailer, so not far off from the JK but more power. Biggest downside was the ticking time bomb of a radiator with an internal tranny cooler. GM used the pink radiator fluid and if the radiator cracked like they were known to do your radiator and tranny fluid would mix and kill everything. Otherwise solid design.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I should note, for those of you who aren't aware, both Walker Valley and Elbe Hills are OHV parks. These are the two trails this nwyoda87 was giving us shit about. In other words, we were wheeling in a place designated to be wheeled in. It's not like we were up in the Naches, going off trail and jacking up forest roads. :rolleyes2:

Sounds like surf bros that key your car when you’re out surfing “their” waves. At a public beach.

jdofmemi

One more comment on the PNW in general is that most people who live there either don't like or downright hate anyone who is not from there.

This is the attitude before even getting to know someone.

Me, I would rather choose to like a person based on their actions, not things like where their license plate says they are from, or any other stereotype.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
One more comment on the PNW in general is that most people who live there either don't like or downright hate anyone who is not from there.

This is the attitude before even getting to know someone.

Me, I would rather choose to like a person based on their actions, not things like where their license plate says they are from, or any other stereotype.

I personally would like to apologize for all of the fucktards in this state. :beer:
I was born here, and yes, generally most people here would swerve their Prius to miss a squirrel as long as they hit someone with an out of state license plate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of folks knock the H3, but the alpha package with the V8, front and rear lockers, crank up the front torsion bars on the front ifs to fit 35’s, and comes stock geared at 4:10, was a great rig. Everyone sees them blinged out in chrome on huge wheels with LP tires. Waste of a competent vehicle. Plus I think it was a cool looking rig. Obviously not to everyone’s tastes. Only broke one half shaft in several years. Had plenty of torque to go slow n steady. Great highway manners and went from 18mpg to 11-13 on 35’s with the belly fully slid plated and pulling my trailer, so not far off from the JK but more power. Biggest downside was the ticking time bomb of a radiator with an internal tranny cooler. GM used the pink radiator fluid and if the radiator cracked like they were known to do your radiator and tranny fluid would mix and kill everything. Otherwise solid design.

I hear ya. EVO did an H3 build a while back and for a time, Mel used to say it was a great platform to start from.

131_1105_02_o+131_1105_the_evo_rod_hummer_h3_alpha+driver_side_shot.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like surf bros that key your car when you’re out surfing “their” waves. At a public beach.

LOL!! That about nails it. :crazyeyes:

I personally would like to apologize for all of the fucktards in this state. :beer:
I was born here, and yes, generally most people here would swerve their Prius to miss a squirrel as long as they hit someone with an out of state license plate.

LOL - no need to apologize. Truth be told, it's a lot better east of the Cascades.

99GoldenSahara

I’m from Eastern WA and considering all the people moving here from just about everywhere else in this country, we’re still pretty respectful of others. Yet that’s changing. The anger level on the roads has increased but that seems par for the course for our country as a whole. I don’t mind the folks on the “west side” either. I give them a pass at times because their lives are caught up in the rat race and they don’t have the wide open spaces we have on the eastern side of the state. So I tend to pity them more than criticize them!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom