Texas Winter Run! [ Tentative ]

daverawr

Sounds awesome! Can't wait and if you need help with anything let me know I'm down to volunteering and giving a hand!

Will definitely let you know! :) For now, any ideas of plans for the meet up / whatever like food spots is welcome or even if you know any trails or if youve seen videos of trails online or something then throw them at me in a PM or something so we can get the plans more structured.

BobbyGTX

Will definitely let you know! :) For now, any ideas of plans for the meet up / whatever like food spots is welcome or even if you know any trails or if youve seen videos of trails online or something then throw them at me in a PM or something so we can get the plans more structured.

Great! If i come across anything will definitely let you know.

Jackal01

Even without planning it detail we are more than likely out for a Big Bend trip. Not until I have more done to R2 and we both have more time saved up to make the trip more beneficial for us.

Hopefully the Barnwell trip will happen.

daverawr

I say get a budget boost as well with the wheels and tires. That's what I'm running. And if you need some sliders for the time being I have rubi rails that I'm trying to get rid of for cheap. Since I can't run them on my car

BobbyGTX

I haven't decided yet, but looking at new wheels/tires (35's), bumpers and a winch.... too many options out there:crazyeyes:

I say get a budget boost as well with the wheels and tires. That's what I'm running. And if you need some sliders for the time being I have rubi rails that I'm trying to get rid of for cheap. Since I can't run them on my car

Yes there a lot options, good thing I have the tires and budget boost already done, so I have 2000 to spend right now and have a hard time deciding.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So what's the plan? Is this run still happening? Been talking to the woman about the last hidden falls trip and she's excited to get out there

CCTX50

Interested

Been following this thread for a while now. I am interested in a Big Bend run. I have not been there for over 20 years now. Not yet ready to confirm that I can go yet but I will follow and post up as soon as I know if I can go. I would be coming from Corpus Christi so it is a little drive but would be well worth it. About to order up a EVO Enforcer 3" lift. I am leaning towards going with FOX shocks so that is the hold up. Decisions... Decisions!!!

Here is a video I found that I thought was pretty awesome of BBSP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfEi5LvBAc#t=18

Here is a pic of how it sits today.

Jeep Jam 2015.1.jpg

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I still have to figure out a plan to carry an extra 5 gallons... if only money grew on trees... :doh:

coastalk9

Jeep jamboree 2016

Been following this thread for a while now. I am interested in a Big Bend run. I have not been there for over 20 years now. Not yet ready to confirm that I can go yet but I will follow and post up as soon as I know if I can go. I would be coming from Corpus Christi so it is a little drive but would be well worth it. About to order up a EVO Enforcer 3" lift. I am leaning towards going with FOX shocks so that is the hold up. Decisions... Decisions!!!

View attachment 170856

hey, I know that Jeep!! hope you and the guys are good. are you and the crew going to make the Jamboree this year?

CCTX50

hey, I know that Jeep!! hope you and the guys are good. are you and the crew going to make the Jamboree this year?

We have been talking about it. Jason and I have also talked about skipping the Jeep Jam and do a trip to Big Bend. Text me if you want to talk more about it. We need to meet up for some chow sometime soon.

daverawr

So what's the plan? Is this run still happening? Been talking to the woman about the last hidden falls trip and she's excited to get out there

View attachment 170856

I still have to figure out a plan to carry an extra 5 gallons... if only money grew on trees... :doh:

Sorry for the late reply and not much updates, just got back from Florida for a mini weekend vacay with the girlfriend and packed with midterm exams etc. So by friday a better update will be posted along with a new thread for a seperate run i would like to do sooner than this run. but yes this run is still a go as far as i see it. List is updated

daverawr

Tentative Itinerary has been added to the first post of the thread, please look it over and let me know what you guys think! I say tentative because with a huge park like this routes and plans can change at a moments notice, but untill further notice or anything this is the plan we will try and follow through out the trip!

The map of the trail routes we will try to follow i will add later tonight. and the reason i cant say the trails we will be accomplishing each day is because for most of us its our first time or its been A LONG time since we have been there so im not sure how long the trails will take or what we will run in to SO i will have a route and we will simply try and follow the route and accomplish as much of the route as we can each day. Because this park isnt anywhere near most of us so a "pre-run" to see how everything is, isnt really an option we have so it will be mainly by ear.

Thanks for your patience in waiting for the itinerary. If there is any questions or suggestions about the plans please to message me or post it up on this thread.

daverawr

I thought this would be of interest to those that are going on the trip of possibly going. The link is to a weather page showing the averages in temp and rain. In January the temps at night can drop in the low 30's so plan accordingly with proper clothing and bedding.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/big-bend-national-park/texas/united-states/ustx2354

I forgot to add that in when i did check the weather ! Great call! Thanks for sharing for those who didn't know of the temps in that area.

Jegar

So far, I have to work that weekend, so,I need to be changed to tentative. Really sounds like fun, and I hate to miss it.

daverawr

Alright guys so unfortunately I have bad news that will affect both the trips i have planned for the groups. both events will be updated tonight no later than 10 PM.

Top Bottom