Texas DPS

Not a lot in Dallas, but you have a few spots relatively close.

Bridgeport (west of Ft. Worth) has Northwest OHV.
Gilmer (east of Dallas, south of Tyler) has Barnwell Mountain recreation area
Rock Trails of Tolar are near Granbury (south west of Ft. Worth
Marble Falls is near Austin has Hidden Falls park, and only about 3-4 hours south.
Arbuckle offroad park is only about 3 hours north, in southern Oklahoma.

Now, none of these are the mountains of CO, but it could be worse.
Thanks for the input, I'm definitely going to use all of the info I'm getting.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Amarillo would be good, you can get to Colorado easily and not take 2 days to get out of Texas lol

If you end up in Amarillo, mark your calendar for the Palo Duro Jeep challenge held in September, it's on a private ranch but it's an awesome Jeep wheeling weekend.

I lived in Houston and as mentioned, the city is a parking lot. If you're prone to allergies be prepared. I used to get up early on Sunday just to drive to work cause it only took 15 minutes, any other day of the week was a 45 minute drive!

Austin weekend traffic is unnerving the maps shows about a 3 hour drive from Fort Worth but it's more like 4-5hr drive lol.

Dallas is getting pretty crowded these days, seems like they just can't build the roadways fast enough to keep up with the car population.

Fort Worth is getting to be the same way, some day they'll have I-35N completed. I don't have much confidence they'll have it completed by 2018 as estimated.

One thing to keep in mind about Texas, it's all private land. All off-road parks have a fee and going out for a trail ride requires some planning cause it's a drive depending on where you end up.

Good luck!

well i just got word that i have been selected to go to Austin, TX to try my hand at the trooper academy. im still waiting on the final word as to what day i have to be there. this will be a great opportunity to follow my time i spent in the military. i am really looking forward to living in Texas, and having a new career in 2017. :usa-salute:

well i just got word that i have been selected to go to Austin, TX to try my hand at the trooper academy. im still waiting on the final word as to what day i have to be there. this will be a great opportunity to follow my time i spent in the military. i am really looking forward to living in Texas, and having a new career in 2017. :usa-salute:
Congrats! Austin is a very cool city and you'll be in The Hills Country. 👍

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Awesome welcome. I'm in San Antonio. Austin is a great music city and outstanding jeep community. Check out Austin Jeep People on Facebook they always have runs to hidden falls and meets and stuff.

Out in the Boonies

Top Bottom