Sway Bar Upgrade

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's not hard to reconnect. It's a sway bar so rock the jeep side to side to make it easier to connect. As nice as the Rubi swaybar is there is No real need to get a Rubi swaybar just because it's harder to reconnect the quick disco links you have at the end of the day.

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
It's not hard to reconnect. It's a sway bar so rock the jeep side to side to make it easier to connect. As nice as the Rubi swaybar is there is No real need to get a Rubi swaybar just because it's harder to reconnect the quick disco links you have at the end of the day.

That is my thought. Rubi sway bars are nice, but I could think of much better things that I could use that money on. The 2 min. That it takes to reconnect is well worth it to me. You spend more time than that airing up after the trail anyway.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Mine is usually a couple inches off. It takes either one person lifting or a pry bar to pull the sway bar up. My teraflex springs are too stiff to just push down to get it to line up... Knowing that its leaning from the fuel tank now I guess I can try to reconnect it when the tank is empty if I'm by myself.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
For anyone interested, just came across this in my news feed

Attachments

• 1464732948531.jpg
    1464732948531.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 105

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
If you were running an ARB compressor and already have 2 lockers and your quick connect OBA in the manifold, how would you run this as well? I'm confused.

You can add a T fitting leading to the QD. One line running to the QD one to the swaybar disconnect.

Edit:
Add a 1/4"NPT T-fitting to where the QD currently is and attach the QD to one end and a 1/4"NPT to 1/8"BSPP fitting on the other. That'll allow you to install another solenoid.

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

Still can't understand why people like the front curry anti rock sway bar so much. The idea of a sway bar is it has to be stiff enough to minimize body roll on-road, right? So to me it seems the curry is not a good on road bar because it has to be soft enough to allow articulation while going off road since you don't disconnect it. Seems like it is a compromise between being good on road, and off road bar. So what's the point if it's not stiff on road, and is still connected limiting flex while off road.

Gravedigger11

Has anyone ever ran the EVO no limits in the rear? Would it be comparable to the antirock in the rear? I'm looking at 3 linking the rear with an anti rock but have been trying to get info on the Evo no limits route

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Has anyone ever ran the EVO no limits in the rear? Would it be comparable to the antirock in the rear? I'm looking at 3 linking the rear with an anti rock but have been trying to get info on the Evo no limits route

No it won't work. The No limits only works on the Rubicon sway bar by replacing the motor with the manual knob.

Gravedigger11

No it won't work. The No limits only works on the Rubicon sway bar by replacing the motor with the manual knob.

Well yeah I know what it does and what on. I've found a Rubi swaybar for sale for 250 with the Evo no limits. Would it still work the same in the rear or no all together?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well yeah I know what it does and what on. I've found a Rubi swaybar for sale for 250 with the Evo no limits. Would it still work the same in the rear or no all together?

No it wouldn't. The Rubi swaybar is bigger than the stock rear bar so it will not allow the jeep to handle the same on road. Off road it will be the exact same as the stock rear as well.

Long story short, don't waste your money on buying a new swaybar for the rear and just run the stock bar.

Ddays

Hooked

Forgive me if you know this already but the rear sway bar isn't split like the front rubi bar is, so no there isn't a no limits setup for the rear. Rear bars generally aren't disconnected while wheeling.

$250 for a bar with the no limits is a pretty good deal.

Gravedigger11

Forgive me if you know this already but the rear sway bar isn't split like the front rubi bar is, so no there isn't a no limits setup for the rear. Rear bars generally aren't disconnected while wheeling.

$250 for a bar with the no limits is a pretty good deal.

Yeah I was gunna take the front and slap it on the back. In theory it sounds like it should work. And with the anti rock or e disco your still connected but can still articulate each side

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

If you are dead set on trying I'd measure out both front and rear sway bars to see if they match, and make sure that the mounting points or frame don't interfere with the Rubi sway bar housing.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah I was gunna take the front and slap it on the back. In theory it sounds like it should work. And with the anti rock or e disco your still connected but can still articulate each side

Ok, I thought that's what you were thinking. I don't think that's gonna work. The front is dramatically thicker than the rear. If you try to put a front bar out back you're gonna screw up your on-road handling. I wouldn't worry about the rear at all. Its thin enough that it doesnt hinder the articulation.

Top Bottom