Sway Bar Upgrade

Peak

So I eventually plan on upgrading my front sway bar. Both options that I'm looking at are roughly the same price

Used Rubicon Electric Sway Bar avg $300
Longer Links $80
EVO No imits $90

Or

Currie Anitrock Aluminum $550

Feedback on either system would be great, thanks!

dillard09

Hey my man. Check the classifieds, TheFett is selling one and is willing to ship if you pay for it. Might be worth seeing what he wants for it. He did say make him an offer.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I personally like the Rubi sway bar route over the anti rock. I got mine for $200.

From what I have heard is that the anti rock will allow for more body roll even on the street compared to the stock set up and it doesn't even offer "more
Flex" on the trail.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Evo Mfg posted an awesome video of their air actuated no-limits disconnect on Instagram. Good looking stuff.

jeeeep

Hooked
I personally like the Rubi sway bar route over the anti rock. I got mine for $200.

From what I have heard is that the anti rock will allow for more body roll even on the street compared to the stock set up and it doesn't even offer "more
Flex" on the trail.

this, my buddy has the anti-rock on his 2door and he doesn't like the sway as a DD, he's ok with the handling offroad but wants to drive a 2 door rubi to compare.

Jackal01

I've been thinking about this too. Only used sway bar I can find on CL in Texas is 4 hours north and $300. Firm on price and will not meet. But after seeing the EVO air actuated on demand no limits...I may just bite the bullet.

Used Rubicon Electric Sway Bar avg $300
Longer Links $80
EVO No imits $90

Or

Currie Anitrock Aluminum $550

Feedback on either system would be great, thanks!

Flex" on the trail.
From what understand, ive heard alot of people have a problem with the anti-rock being squeeky too. IMO the evo no limts is the way to go. Can be disco'd in literally 3 seconds.

Peak

Flex" on the trail.

this, my buddy has the anti-rock on his 2door and he doesn't like the sway as a DD, he's ok with the handling offroad but wants to drive a 2 door rubi to compare.

I didn't know it offered more body roll. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten to reconnect after the trail. I never noticed the sway. But more body roll than stock? that doesn't sound good at all lol

From what understand, ive heard alot of people have a problem with the anti-rock being squeeky too. IMO the evo no limts is the way to go. Can be disco'd in literally 3 seconds.

Thanks for the heads up. The EVO no limits sounds like the best of both worlds. I'll probably wait for the no limits on demand and choose between the standard or air.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Not trying to hijack this thread but since we're already on the subject of sway bars...

The previous owner only took this thing out once and I'm pretty sure left the sway bar on. That being said: Once I have my driver side reconnected I have to lift the passenger side of the jeep to get it to line up. Soo pretty sure the sway bar is bent. :bang head:

Any input on what my best route to go here would be? Ive been considering the antirock but based on a few reviews I've read I don't think I'd like it as a DD

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not trying to hijack this thread but since we're already on the subject of sway bars...

The previous owner only took this thing out once and I'm pretty sure left the sway bar on. That being said: Once I have my driver side reconnected I have to lift the passenger side of the jeep to get it to line up. Soo pretty sure the sway bar is bent. :bang head:

Any input on what my best route to go here would be? Ive been considering the antirock but based on a few reviews I've read I don't think I'd like it as a DD

It's not bent. The jk tends to lean to the passenger side because of the location of the gas tank.

Why not just attach the passenger side first? Problem solved!!!

Kidding. Another idea would be to find a used rubi sway bar. Best money ive ever spent.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
It's not bent. The jk tends to lean to the passenger side because of the location of the gas tank.

^^this^^

Have a friend sit in the drivers seat while you hook back up, or in my case get your wife out of the passenger seat. Lol everything lines up much better without the extra weight on the right.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys! and yeah my driver side link sits too high if I connect my passenger side first... I'll have to look into the rubi sway bar

Top Bottom