Suggestions???

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So my old man recently bought a 2017 jku and has decided he reeaalllyy wants 35's but doesn't want to cut fenders or get into changing control arms and such. I was steering him towards the evo leveling kit but he's worried about clearance with that. Anyone have any pictures or any suggestions that are budget friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

I don't have an evo leveling kit but some here on WAYALIFE do and they fit 35s fine with mild pinch seam trimming and stock rock guard trimming as well. 20161117_191043.jpg 20161117_191028.jpg
As for changing control arms. You do not need to.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
So my old man recently bought a 2017 jku and has decided he reeaalllyy wants 35's but doesn't want to cut fenders or get into changing control arms and such. I was steering him towards the evo leveling kit but he's worried about clearance with that. Anyone have any pictures or any suggestions that are budget friendly?

Is he going to wheel it or more for the look ?

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I don't have an evo leveling kit but some here on WAYALIFE do and they fit 35s fine with mild pinch seam trimming and stock rock guard trimming as well. View attachment 240358 View attachment 240359
As for changing control arms. You do not need to.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The only thing I wasn't sure of on the kit was if fenders needed to be cut for 35's. I know that most cut theirs and evo says it's only supposed to fit 35's.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I think with a 3.5 you don't need to cut the flares ... like was said may need to do a little trimming in a few spots I have a 2.5 with no rubbing issue but my flares are cut

Only thing with the 3.5 is then you need adjustable control arms and things he is not willing to do. Trying to find a good middle ground for him. I told him he only needs 33's and any need for that he could jump in with me. Mine is at 4" and about to get evo long arms up front with 37" coopers lol

black pearl

Hooked
Only thing with the 3.5 is then you need adjustable control arms and things he is not willing to do. Trying to find a good middle ground for him. I told him he only needs 33's and any need for that he could jump in with me. Mine is at 4" and about to get evo long arms up front with 37" coopers lol

My lift netted almost 3.5 with all stock arms no issues and a 35 is only about 33.5 actual size ... or do a small lift and body lift the rest that's needed

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
My lift netted almost 3.5 with all stock arms no issues and a 35 is only about 33.5 actual size ... or do a small lift and body lift the rest that's needed

Interesting. Mine was at 3.5 when I got it and needed adjustable control arms, stock driveshafts also are really only good to 3" as far as I know. And also a drag link flip all to keep it front wandering

black pearl

Hooked
Interesting. Mine was at 3.5 when I got it and needed adjustable control arms, stock driveshafts also are really only good to 3" as far as I know. And also a drag link flip all to keep it front wandering

I am getting ready to do drag link flip as mine dose wonder a bit haha and I should change the front drive line at some point ... but if he doesn't want to put a lot in to it I think what you were thinking a leveling kit and a small body lift

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I am getting ready to do drag link flip as mine dose wonder a bit haha and I should change the front drive line at some point ... but if he doesn't want to put a lot in to it I think what you were thinking a leveling kit and a small body lift

I suggested to leveling kit and if he needs more then we could throw in some 1/2"-3/4" pucks up front and get the springs to go in the rear

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
2" JKS JSPEC and 35s with uncut factory flares

IMG_1583.jpg
IMG_1732.jpg

Lift yielded exactly 3" of actual lift once everything settled. With the proper bumpstops, noting rubbed. I'm not so sure I'd run a leveling kit with 35s with full factory flares. If you cut them you would be fine, as many have done, but if you wheel and want to retain uncut factory flares, your going to be replacing a lot of clips when those flares pop off from the tires hitting them.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Another vote for a 2.5 BB if fenders want to be left uncut. More specific, the Teraflex one will give everytthing needed if you dont want to buy any additional things.

Andy5160

Hooked
2" JKS JSPEC and 35s with uncut factory flares

View attachment 240374
View attachment 240375

Lift yielded exactly 3" of actual lift once everything settled. With the proper bumpstops, noting rubbed. I'm not so sure I'd run a leveling kit with 35s with full factory flares. If you cut them you would be fine, as many have done, but if you wheel and want to retain uncut factory flares, your going to be replacing a lot of clips when those flares pop off from the tires hitting them.

Second that motion! my 3.5 lift made me change factory flares after first axel articulation. I did not have to change control arms.

Top Bottom