Suggestions???

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
2" JKS JSPEC and 35s with uncut factory flares

View attachment 240374
View attachment 240375

Lift yielded exactly 3" of actual lift once everything settled. With the proper bumpstops, noting rubbed. I'm not so sure I'd run a leveling kit with 35s with full factory flares. If you cut them you would be fine, as many have done, but if you wheel and want to retain uncut factory flares, your going to be replacing a lot of clips when those flares pop off from the tires hitting them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Is this a 2" Jspec or 2.5"? I can't seem to find the 2"

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I second this suggestion.

So do you guys actually trust terashit? I have had their stuff in the past and would NEVER buy it again for my rig. Nor would I steer someone towards it at this point... but if the consensus is that this is a good kit I might have to bend my personal rules just once. What about the ride though? Won't it be terrible with that big of a puck?

So do you guys actually trust terashit? I have had their stuff in the past and would NEVER buy it again for my rig. Nor would I steer someone towards it at this point... but if the consensus is that this is a good kit I might have to bend my personal rules just once. What about the ride though? Won't it be terrible with that big of a puck?

The only thing I'll ever recommend from TF is their budget boost spacer lift. I would never recommend their control arms or full suspension kits to anyone.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Like Eddie says, its really hard to mess up spacer lifts. Also, since it is just a spacer lift, it keeps the stock ride quality.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Is this a 2" Jspec or 2.5"? I can't seem to find the 2"

That was the older linear spring 2" lift they sold. I guess my point was with 3" of actual lift when all was said and done, I was able to retain full factory flares. With a leveling kit you'd knock your flares off for sure. The first time I did it I was on a leveling kit and 285s. Ate the shit out of the flares and broke a bunch of clips like a dumbass. I would definitely not run a leveling kit with 35s and uncut flares.

Normally, no. Generally speaking they make subpar, cheap Chinese crap. Their budget boost however, is one of the more complete kits available. Even they can't jack up pucks. I have ran TF pucks on 3 different rigs when starting out, and while I switched over to a suspension lift, it was a great way to get the Jeep up quickly and cheaply until I did the research and ordered parts. I am currently running the TF puck leveling kit on BOHICA (2" front, 1" rear) while I research suspension options and make a game plan. I would not hesitate to recommend one of their puck budget boosts at all.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Also looking at quick disconnects. Any brand suggestion? I was looking at jks but theirs doesn't seem to have a way to secure the sway bar up when the links are off

WJCO

Meme King
Also looking at quick disconnects. Any brand suggestion? I was looking at jks but theirs doesn't seem to have a way to secure the sway bar up when the links are off

I'll think you'll find that jks has the best reviews and reputation for disconnects longterm. When I looked for mine, there was really only a couple others out there and either had noise complaints or wore out quickly. You can always make something to secure the bar pretty easily.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll think you'll find that jks has the best reviews and reputation for disconnects longterm. When I looked for mine, there was really only a couple others out there and either had noise complaints or wore out quickly. You can always make something to secure the bar pretty easily.

Agreed. I've used JKS quicker disconnect on a number of Jeeps in the past and of all the quick disconnects I've used, they are probably the best you can get.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know I typically would not. However the consensus seems to be for the teraflex 2.5" budget boost. Otherwise I can't stand teraflex

In truth, it's hard to screw up coil spacers. I've run it in the past and it was fine. I would NOT recommend their 2.5" coil lift though. Yields way more than 3" of lift and rides like shit. Or, at least it did for me.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
In truth, it's hard to screw up coil spacers. I've run it in the past and it was fine. I would NOT recommend their 2.5" coil lift though. Yields way more than 3" of lift and rides like shit. Or, at least it did for me.

Completely agree on their coils. We're on my rig when I got it and we're terrible, almost remedied off-roading unenjoyable. Didn't take long to swap in 4" plush rides

Top Bottom