Suds of the Day

WJCO

Meme King
Getting into these tonight. Ya gotta watch the Double Dog, it will sneak up on ya at 11.5% ABV

No $h!t. I had that beer camping at 10,000 ft elevation one time. After my second beer, I was blitzed. I ended up falling asleep quickstyle, didn't even see it coming.

holliewood61

No $h!t. I had that beer camping at 10,000 ft elevation one time. After my second beer, I was blitzed. I ended up falling asleep quickstyle, didn't even see it coming.

That will happen seeing one is almost the same as 3 light beers. You gotta be a man to kill a sixer of these, and I'm not that man.

WJCO

Meme King
That will happen seeing one is almost the same as 3 light beers. You gotta be a man to kill a sixer of these, and I'm not that man.

When I bought it, I distinctly remember it being a 4 pack. May have been a different beer, but it was definitely Flying Dog and was 11.5%. Even 4 would put you over the edge.

jelliott076

Silva Stout from Green Flash's Cellar 3. This would be a great place for a Suds 'n' Grub. Awesome stuff!!

The bad news...Pallet Wrecker may not be back anytime soon.

Attachments

• 1451172448253.jpg
    1451172448253.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 51

jesse3638

Hooked
1451205243790.jpg

Went to Brew Rebellion (San Bernardino) tonight with my now fiancee (proposed yesterday...:)) and had a good taster sample. When it came time to leave we decided to get the growler filled with the s'more's porter with habanero. Great flavor with a nice spicy bite. Also got to talking with the gentleman working the tasting room and he discussed the brewery society and how the members have the opportunity to create their own beer. He also mentioned how they had made beers for special occasions. That led to us deciding that we need to create our own beer for the wedding. He made a phone call, took our information and we're now going to meet with the brew master to figure out what we can come up with. We are excited and can't wait. How many people get the opportunity to make a custom beer to serve to their guests..:)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 179660

Went to Brew Rebellion (San Bernardino) tonight with my now fiancee (proposed yesterday...:)) and had a good taster sample. When it came time to leave we decided to get the growler filled with the s'more's porter with habanero. Great flavor with a nice spicy bite. Also got to talking with the gentleman working the tasting room and he discussed the brewery society and how the members have the opportunity to create their own beer. He also mentioned how they had made beers for special occasions. That led to us deciding that we need to create our own beer for the wedding. He made a phone call, took our information and we're now going to meet with the brew master to figure out what we can come up with. We are excited and can't wait. How many people get the opportunity to make a custom beer to serve to their guests..:)

Congrats Jesse!

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 179660

That's pretty cool and congrats on the engagement. You should call the beer "Ball and Chain." Lol. Hope to catch you at and SnG soon. [emoji106][emoji482]

jesse3638

Hooked
Four Peaks Kilt Lifter for lunch.

Looks like these guys just sold out to Anheiser Busch. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Sounds like Ballast Point but hey when you have billion dollar offer in front of you it'd be hard to say no. At least the rumor is they kept creative control of their product.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sounds like Ballast Point but hey when you have billion dollar offer in front of you it'd be hard to say no. At least the rumor is they kept creative control of their product.

A billion dollars for a "fad" (which is all craft beer is) sounds like the ballast point guys are the players not the played. Good for them.

jelliott076

A billion dollars for a "fad" (which is all craft beer is) sounds like the ballast point guys are the players not the played. Good for them.

Right on both counts. If I put out a product good enough that a big name wanted to but me out for 8 to 10 figures, I'd jump on it. I'm just hope the quality doesn't go down. If they get the creative control, they win either way.

Enjoy the holiday brothers.

Attachments

• 1451257962552.jpg
    1451257962552.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 44

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
View attachment 179660

Congrats on the engagement!

Top Bottom