Stink bugs

jesse3638

Hooked
These things, I really hate especially when you spray them with heavy duty spectracide and they just laugh at you! šŸ¤Ŗ

That said - what the hell is this thing??
View attachment 403674
I hate black widows. It's almost the time of year for them to start their invasion. Have to constantly check the kids toys that are outside and in the garage.

I think I've shared this story before but I'll share again. During the summer I go and hunt these things at night. Usually they're small so I hit them with my flip flop. Bigger ones I use a long stick. One night there was a big one and I didn't have a long stick. It was moving around in its web and I was leaning in trying to get the courage to smash it with my flip flop. Right as I was about to swing a moth flew into my head. My mind immediately though sneak attack and another black widow came down from the roof to get me. I began immediately flailing around and swatting at my head. Once I realized it was a moth I calmed down only to see my neighbor outside and saw the whole thing and was laughing...haha.

Ddays

Hooked
I hate black widows. It's almost the time of year for them to start their invasion. Have to constantly check the kids toys that are outside and in the garage.

I think I've shared this story before but I'll share again. During the summer I go and hunt these things at night. Usually they're small so I hit them with my flip flop. Bigger ones I use a long stick. One night there was a big one and I didn't have a long stick. It was moving around in its web and I was leaning in trying to get the courage to smash it with my flip flop. Right as I was about to swing a moth flew into my head. My mind immediately though sneak attack and another black widow came down from the roof to get me. I began immediately flailing around and swatting at my head. Once I realized it was a moth I calmed down only to see my neighbor outside and saw the whole thing and was laughing...haha.
Lol - i just sent this to my daughter last night

jesse3638

Hooked
Lol - i just sent this to my daughter last night

Yep that's about what I looked like...haha

jamesrw30

Find black widows from time to time too, brown recluse is also pretty common in my area. Helped my dad tear the porch off the pool house one time and had them all over my arms, I immediately commenced to freaking out. Roaches are pretty bad too but I can spray for those easily enough.

When I was growing up in Poway, CA, there were years where we had thousands of black widows in our yard. Like an outbreak.

Twice, a large one ran up the inside of my jeans.

We kept hundreds of their babies in jars.

They liked living in our orange tree, and in our garage. Their webs are obvious due their crazy design.

Last edited:

trailraider

Looking for suggestions on catching or controlling these annoying little bastards. They like to in our sunroof that was converted from a screened porch. Primarily it's a play room for the kids so I don't want them (the bugs not the kids) crawling around everywhere. I just got 5 a little bit ago so it has begun. I've seen making a trap out of a soda bottle with a light in it or a pan with soapy water. The pan presents issues with 2 kids running around out there. Anyone have any luck with anything?
Move to where it gets to -40 in the winter. We don't have issue with them in may area :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jsouder53

Hooked

Hell no, that wouldā€™ve given me a heart attack lol dealing with that many spiders and being worried about them being in kids toys would be enough reason to leave the area!

CalSgt

Hooked
I'm assuming you're talking about these dickheads? :

View attachment 403668

If you have 5, be happy. We get hundreds. Last two Fall seasons have been the worst. They even pile up under bbq covers to stay warm. We have one primary spot we see the worst of them in the house and that door has worn weatherstrip. I'm going to fix it this year and see if that helps. There's times I open the door and tons are hanging out between the door and jamb. They can really flatten themselves to get in tight spaces.
Damn box elder bugā€¦

decided to re-paint my hood today and this sucker crawled about 6ā€ across the final coat

IMG_0178.jpeg

Top Bottom