Stealing a Day or Two to Explore Some of the Most Remote Parts of Nevada

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No state in the lower 48 has more wide open and public land available to explore and Nevada literally has more ghost towns than living towns and by a large margin. So happy you can appreciate a trip like this :)

LOL - no kidding! Again, this is a trip we did last year. Need to get out more!

Thank you my friend :)

It really is amazing how many wild horses we have in Nevada but they're not just in the back country, we have them here in town as well. They're kind of a problem in that there aren't any natural predators and they compete with cattle ranchers. I still love seeing them though.
I was out your way the other day. I couldn’t believe how many I saw driving from 80 down 439.

Trail JK

Cool adventure! Can you imagine building a mine to pull out $42K in gold. Would that be considered hitting it big back then? Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing it! Miss you guys!

jesse3638

Hooked
Cool adventure! Can you imagine building a mine to pull out $42K in gold. Would that be considered hitting it big back then? Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing it! Miss you guys!
Yeah not to mention the technology and transportation in the 1800's and early 1900's. It amazes me how hard people worked so hard to make so little and survived that way. If people today only had that kind of work ethic and drive.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I love threads like this. You live in an amazing place! By the way, according to the BLS inflation calculator, $42,000 in 1930 would be about $650,000 in today’s dollars.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Work. Quick day trip. We will have to get back out there for a weekend soon.
That'd be fun! Everything we did on this trip could have been done in a stock Jeep. :)
So miss you and Ray too. Would love to get back out there with you two again soon :)
Yeah not to mention the technology and transportation in the 1800's and early 1900's. It amazes me how hard people worked so hard to make so little and survived that way. If people today only had that kind of work ethic and drive.
It really is crazy how different things are today. People actually had to WORK to survive.

J&k_Overland

It really is crazy how different things are today. People actually had to WORK to survive.
That’s funny you should say that. My wife’s family reunion was yesterday and they had pics of her grandmother during the depression picking cotton. People were so much tougher back then.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Man that looks like such a cool area to explore. It’s amazing what the miners were able to do with what they had back then. Thank you for sharing your adventure Eddie and Cindy.

jesse3638

Hooked
Thanks for sharing your trip. Love seeing that area. Nice to be able to wander and find cool places.
Yeah growing up in the desert it's something I've taken for granted. See something shiny, go check it out. Even the Mojave desert has so much to see.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s funny you should say that. My wife’s family reunion was yesterday and they had pics of her grandmother during the depression picking cotton. People were so much tougher back then.
I would argue, people in other countries or even regions of countries that aren't as developed are still tougher. At least, from what I've seen.
Wow... the pics and the trip are absolutely awesome! Thanks a ton for sharing!
Thank you. Happy to hear you enjoyed seeing our highlights :)
Man that looks like such a cool area to explore. It’s amazing what the miners were able to do with what they had back then. Thank you for sharing your adventure Eddie and Cindy.
It really is amazing how resourceful these people were back then. Not like you could just hop in a car and go down to your local Walmart or Home Depot to pick up supplies.
Thanks for sharing your trip. Love seeing that area. Nice to be able to wander and find cool places.
Yes, it sure is! :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah growing up in the desert it's something I've taken for granted. See something shiny, go check it out. Even the Mojave desert has so much to see.
The Mojave is where I spent all my time as a kid and well into adulthood. Still one of my favorite places to visit.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
It always is. :cool:

Glad you could appreciate a trip like this. It is what got us into Jeeps in the first place :)

No kidding? What brings you out this way?

So happy to hear it :)
I'm driving down to meet up with my wife in Vegas and then wheeling a few days. Was trying to figure out which route to take down. When we went down for the NY run we went through Tonopah. If you have a suggestion I am all ears.

Trail JK

I was talking with Ray and he said that the gold mine that produced $42k in 1930 would be equivalent to $666,157.72 today.

tchmotorsports

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing these pics!I love these ghost towns and their history.I find all the springs especially interesting.There is a lot of underground water underneath Nevada apparently and some interesting legends and stories about it.

Top Bottom