Sports Cars

Can't believe a Ferarri hasn't been posted yet lol. This thing is a work of art, or at least I think so.
image.jpg

As much as I love technological advancements and I respect the numbers these new cars put down, I prefer a car that actually requires a driver to do more than just steer the car or put it in drive. Call me a traditionalist but it's all about the experience of knowing your machine and feeling what your car is doing. Anyone can push a launch control button and press the gas pedal down and let the computer do all the work.

As much as I love technological advancements and I respect the numbers these new cars put down, I prefer a car that actually requires a driver to do more than just steer the car or put it in drive. Call me a traditionalist but it's all about the experience of knowing your machine and feeling what your car is doing. Anyone can push a launch control button and press the gas pedal down and let the computer do all the work.

I agree with this, but then again I also think any "sports car" should be manual no matter what. I understand the paddels and all that do shift faster, but what does that even matter.

I love having a sports car and my jeep, best of both worlds.

I agree with this, but then again I also think any "sports car" should be manual no matter what. I understand the paddels and all that do shift faster, but what does that even matter.

I love having a sports car and my jeep, best of both worlds.

I agree. With a stick you just feel more connected to the car and the road. That's why I love driving my brothers WRX.

I agree. With a stick you just feel more connected to the car and the road. That's why I love driving my brothers WRX.

Exactly. I used to auto cross myself and was a part of N.A.S.A and did some track days at Sebring, Road Atlanta and here in Daytona. It was fun watching people in slower cars putting down faster lap times than someone with a track car. One of the best autocrosses I participated in was against an STI in my mustang GT. We were putting down equal lap times and then it started to rain, and puddles started forming on the track.. He would've beaten me, had he not mashed e throttle coming around a corner and lost it in a spin. I would've had no chance against an awd car, but cooler heads prevailed lol.

Exactly. I used to auto cross myself and was a part of N.A.S.A and did some track days at Sebring, Road Atlanta and here in Daytona. It was fun watching people in slower cars putting down faster lap times than someone with a track car. One of the best autocrosses I participated in was against an STI in my mustang GT. We were putting down equal lap times and then it started to rain, and puddles started forming on the track.. He would've beaten me, had he not mashed e throttle coming around a corner and lost it in a spin. I would've had no chance against an awd car, but cooler heads prevailed lol.

Im track prepping my bmw currently, and I know Ill suck when I finally get to hit a track lol.

Im track prepping my bmw currently, and I know Ill suck when I finally get to hit a track lol.

Try some local autox events in your area. You can look them up on SCCA's website. It's cheap, fun and you'll learn a lot about your car and how it handles and reacts.

So true! Best feeling ever was being able to connect a couple of corners together at Atlanta Motorsports Park and passing a newer Viper in my buddies 4dr Integra Chump Car during a shake down run! He was NOT happy! My favorite car I've driven on the track was an Audi R8. Amazing machine!

Still waiting to see some sports cars...

:yawn37:

I'll help get things started!

1971_miura_s_rm_auctions_1_zpshwi24b4j.jpg

Here is a hint, most sports cars don't have a back seat. :yup:

Has back seats and goes 190 Mph..
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437150988.327663.jpg

Not the best picture but this was my 97 Firebird Formula I had. LT1 with LT4 heads, cam, headers, cold air intake, and exhaust cut out. I'm still amazed I didn't die in this car.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437159339.190804.jpg

Top Bottom