Spontaneous Combustion RECALL!

Moochie

Oh, thank you for the pic, I feel better now that I know that I have a cooler :)

Your Jeep should have had the recall for the safety update. "hot oil" will show on your display with a chime if your fluid is getting to hot. When this happens you need to find a safe spot to pull over and put it in neutral with the engine running until the light and chime goes off. There should be some added instructions in your manual explaining this.

Brankz

Your Jeep should have had the recall for the safety update. "hot oil" will show on your display with a chime if your fluid is getting to hot. When this happens you need to find a safe spot to pull over and put it in neutral with the engine running until the light and chime goes off. There should be some added instructions in your manual explaining this.

Thank you!
I will call the dealer to ask just in case, because I know the old owner was a old girl and I don't think she fix that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I knew it but I wasn't sure. Lol
So do you think it's a good idea to get one?

It was the very first mod I did to my 2009. I towed a trailer with quads so I didn't want overheating to be an issue. In three years, I never overheated...not even once. It was well worth it to me.

Moochie

Thank you!
I will call the dealer to ask just in case, because I know the old owner was a old girl and I don't think she fix that.

This would have been done to your Jeep whenever it was at the dealership. Computer flash. It doesn't hurt to check though.

Moochie

It was the very first mod I did to my 2009. I towed a trailer with quads so I didn't want overheating to be an issue. In three years, I never overheated...not even once. It was well worth it to me.

Plenty of people have added extra cooling but, they come from the factory with a cooler. The point of all this is to dispel the notion that his doesn't have any trans cooler at all.

Moochie

Yup.
I will pop the grill in 1 hour and check

I don't think you understand. You have a cooler. The update is done to your computer to show "hot oil" on you message display. There nothing for you to see. Sharkey is talking about adding an additional trans cooler.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Plenty of people have added extra cooling but, they come from the factory with a cooler. The point of all this is to dispel the notion that his doesn't have any trans cooler at all.

Well, I stand corrected. The factory one obviously didn't work for shit though. :cheesy: My B&M seemed to work great for $50.

Brankz

So in conclusion all the rigs that cached on fire from no where it's because the trans fluid?

Moochie

So in conclusion all the rigs that cached on fire from no where it's because the trans fluid?

Some did because the fluid became to hot and boiled out of the filler tube. This is why they had the safety recall to add the hot oil warning to the 2007's & 08's. Some fires were also caused by bad trans cooler line connections. All latter JK's came with the hot oil warning.

Brankz

Some did because the fluid became to hot and boiled out of the filler tube. This is why they had the safety recall to add the hot oil warning to the 2007's & 08's. Some fires were also caused by bad trans cooler line connections. All latter JK's came with the hot oil warning.

Ohhhhh man. Now I'm worried, do they change all the dash? Cause mine has only one screen and not 2 like all the jk that I know.

When I say screen it's the ones in the speedometer

Moochie

Ohhhhh man. Now I'm worried, do they change all the dash? Cause mine has only one screen and not 2 like all the jk that I know.

When I say screen it's the ones in the speedometer

Mines a 2008 and it had the flash computer update. You don't have to worry. Your dealership can confirm if the update has been done. If your Jeep has been back to the dealership the update was more than likely done automatically. As soon as they hooked it up to a star scan the update would have been done.

Brankz

Mines a 2008 and it had the flash computer update. You don't have to worry. Your dealership can confirm if the update has been done. If your Jeep has been back to the dealership the update was more than likely done automatically. As soon as they hooked it up to a star scan the update would have been done.

Ok thanks!

Top Bottom