Spare tire inside the Rig..

JKU EXTREME

Here is what I did in my 2 door. I wanted to keep my tailgate.

I like that setup, very nice. I might use this as a template for my rig, my JKU.

But I sort of want to know the benefits of keeping your tire inside your rig, I like the look but never understood the purpose.

Nice setup, once again.
-John W.

Sick JK

I like that setup, very nice. I might use this as a template for my rig, my JKU.

But I sort of want to know the benefits of keeping your tire inside your rig, I like the look but never understood the purpose.

Nice setup, once again.
-John W.

Thanks. The benefit is to get all the weight of the tire and wheel off of the very back of the rig and center the weight over the rear axle. Bringing all that weight forward makes for a more stable vehicle on climbs and also helps a lot on the fast stuff like whoop sections and wash roads.

Rusty

Here is my set up.. although I have a 4 door. Started out with the poison spyder C-piller kit and worked from there.
tire2_zpsfac9ac61.jpg
tire1_zps595fcc48.jpg
paintcage2_zpsa5ac4fdb.jpg
cage6_zpsf6de6f06.jpg

Sick JK

Any pics with the tailgate open? I want to see if how much space is left under the spare (for groceries and such). I really like this set-up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395506348.755296.jpg heres a pic of where the tire sits. And the space under the tire. This pic was taken before it was completely done.

Jeeper Jr.

View attachment 74880 heres a pic of where the tire sits. And the space under the tire. This pic was taken before it was completely done.

Thanks! It looks really good. When I get a two door I might go this route. I love the tire inside the rig look but I'll still need space. I assume it works just fine with a soft top on?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rusty

Looks good! 

What's in the storage hole? On board air with cooling fans? :idontknow:

Thank you, My on board air system, The fans are actually kind of neat.. one pulls and the other pushes, they turn on at the same time as the compressors and as long as the switch is engaged they will run. One day though, I will have to move it out of the way one day when I finally decide to get Evo lever... :grayno: gotta think ahead and look and compatibility sometimes.. lol

on board air.jpg

Hatewagon said:
Dude. That is a really slick setup. Always toyed around with the idea of something similar.

Thanks, just wait until you see what I have planned for the back seat area... :D

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thank you, My on board air system, The fans are actually kind of neat.. one pulls and the other pushes, they turn on at the same time as the compressors and as long as the switch is engaged they will run. One day though, I will have to move it out of the way one day when I finally decide to get Evo lever... :grayno: gotta think ahead and look and compatibility sometimes.. lol

That's what I was thinking it was. Cool set up. I was looking at that space, having moved the exhaust, for adding a tank. But like you I'll eventually get an EVO lever so I haven't done it. Is that compartment sealed? I'd be worried about water getting in there.

Rusty

That's what I was thinking it was. Cool set up. I was looking at that space, having moved the exhaust, for adding a tank. But like you I'll eventually get an EVO lever so I haven't done it. Is that compartment sealed? I'd be worried about water getting in there.

Thanks, it's sealed to major rain storms, but a deep water crossing (over the tub on the jeep since the doors seem to hold water out pretty well) will definitely fill it from the top and from the bottom, it's properly sealed.

But those water crossings are pretty rare where I'm from and highly illegal in our provence to be caught doing so can get you a fine from anywhere from 200$ to 50,000$, most of our trails have bridges, the ones that don't well.. lets just say we don't technically go through :dont_tell:

Top Bottom