Spare tire inside the Rig..

PGH08JK

So I've been looking at mounting my spare inside, and I've seen the way Mel mounted his taking the tailgate off, and a few of the JK Experience rigs were doing the same thing.. Does anyone have any photos of this.. Or how they mounted it inside so it sticks out a little where the tailgate usually is?? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

I hope everyone is having a great spring!!

PGH08

pghguy1989

Don't have an answer for your question, but a question for you! LOL Where in the 'Burgh you at? We have a group out of McKeesport that does some wheeling trips every couple of weeks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It looks like some of them have frames to keep them angled a little bit. I like the "pre-runner" look of it myself

Sent from my iPhone

PGH08JK

Yeah me too!! The angles up look is cool! I was just seeing if anyone had any pictures.. And thanks for all the input!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah me too!! The angles up look is cool! I was just seeing if anyone had any pictures.. And thanks for all the input!!

See if you can get a good look at Vengeance. That's always a good starting point

Sent from my iPhone

cdygibson

It seems to me that you could slightly modify a stock tire carrier to make that work. maybe.

Attachments

• jeep_jk_offroad_evo_5.jpg
    jeep_jk_offroad_evo_5.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 655

cdygibson

Did a little more clicking an found this. It looks pretty custom couldn't find anything on the site in the pic. Definitely awesome!

Attachments

• PICT0018_wm.jpg
    PICT0018_wm.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 604

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You have a 2 door correct? Something like what GCM2 has wont work if you plan to keep the rear seat. I've tried it and its nor where near close enough. Custom is about the only option I think.

PGH08JK

I don't have my back seat in.. It's been out since I bought it!! So I'll have to fab something together.

robertgreen79

Resurrecting an oldie

I'm looking to do something similar. I'm trying to figure out if my 35" spare could somehow mount between the rollbars in the rear. I have a JKU btw

seanb123

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1389724441.911805.jpg
If it helps I made this for my 2dr it's a box of course and intend on putting a drawer in it and got some big 9' fish eye screws and bolted down the tire it's great but obviously I had to lose the back seat might work for your jku

Top Bottom