SoCal Group

rubiDave

I can't tell for sure from your picture but could be. If so, just around the bend on the left. It wasn't an ideal spot, just OK. We compromised so we could get on the road to Mousetrap early in the morning.
I’ve only been once so not sure.. Doran Gatekeeper is that huge boulder fucked up rock buggy area right?

I think we hiked up to look at it here: is this the canyon leading up to it?

View attachment 356106

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Yeah that is the canyon to the gate keeper. I can imagine camping there in a tent wouldn't have been much fun. Cold, windy and rocky. However, a large bottle of whiskey can make any campsite a good one...haha.
I can't tell for sure from your picture but could be. If so, just around the bend on the left. It wasn't an ideal spot, just OK. We compromised so we could get on the road to Mousetrap early in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Yeah that is the canyon to the gate keeper. I can imagine camping there in a tent wouldn't have been much fun. Cold, windy and rocky. However, a large bottle of whiskey can make any campsite a good one...haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last time I was in that canyon my kid picked up probably 2-3 pounds of brass. Some yahoo out there with an AR probably. [emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
Went out to Johnson Valley today. First time. Definitely a step up from the usual So Cal stuff. Big rocks.

IMG_4706.jpg IMG_4725.jpg

J Ro

Which trails? I love it out there. Tons of fun and lots of challenges. We usually go to cougar buttes area.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Which trails? I love it out there. Tons of fun and lots of challenges. We usually go to cougar buttes area.

Turkey claw and chocolate thunder. Had some others planned, but they’ll have to wait for the next trip.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks like Bender is showing the others how it's done. Nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha. Just trying to keep the rubber side down. [emoji16] The guy before me on that first obstacle had his passenger tires slide off that wall into that channel. Pretty close to rolling onto his side. [emoji54]

Top Bottom