So what is yall's opion on this...

So what is yall's opion on this.

So if Ford comes out with a EV Bronco will there be separate chargers for them as well?
It seems every manufacturer has their own charging system.
Who is going to give the ok for the placement of these
Governments are there to tell us what to do since otherwise we would not know what we should do. 😄

Chaos is a source of political power!

WJCO

Meme King
So what is yall's opion on this.

So if Ford comes out with a EV Bronco will there be separate chargers for them as well?
It seems every manufacturer has their own charging system.
Who is going to give the ok for the placement of these
Horrible idea. I bought a Jeep to get away from this bullshit.

Kuboske

Ok. I get it now. They are talking about the effects on humans and animals, etc. Not disposal. The talk about the brightness versus warmer yellower light.
Dim, warmer yellower light makes most people sleepier and I guess that's what they want. That's exactly what I tried to avoid for 40some years trucking.
Light pollution has been talked about for several years and I agree it should be reduced. Anyone who is outdoors in truly remote areas at night appreciates the brilliance of the stars. And that has to be healthy for you. It is for me.
Then again, urban areas that are generally well lit, are very unhealthy for several reasons.

Kuboske

JimLee

Hooked
Ok. I get it now. They are talking about the effects on humans and animals, etc. Not disposal. The talk about the brightness versus warmer yellower light.
Dim, warmer yellower light makes most people sleepier and I guess that's what they want. That's exactly what I tried to avoid for 40some years trucking.
Light pollution has been talked about for several years and I agree it should be reduced. Anyone who is outdoors in truly remote areas at night appreciates the brilliance of the stars. And that has to be healthy for you. It is for me.
Then again, urban areas that are generally well lit, are very unhealthy for several reasons.
Yea, you can find some other articles also that talk about the radiation hazards and how alot of people are developing migranes along with other conditions from LED exposure, also found one that mentioned the amount of e-waste being generated. I just find it funny that they aren't all unicorn kisses and fluffy bunnies as promised.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Governments are there to tell us what to do since otherwise we would not know what we should do. 😄

Chaos is a source of political power!

Government: Create a problem. Provide a non-workable solution that causes another even greater problem. Identify the new problem government caused and blame it on the free market. Raise taxes on the productive. Call productive individuals racist fascist when the complain about higher taxes and corrupt ineffective government. Repeat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As much as I love my Jeeps and have loved the Jeep brand over the years... the history, the heritage, the innovations... I'm not gonna lie... they've been making it really really hard to like what they've been doing lately and the direction they're taking the brand. I mean, I get that there's a "need" to go green but this shit is just so stupid.

WJCO

Meme King
As much as I love my Jeeps and have loved the Jeep brand over the years... the history, the heritage, the innovations... I'm not gonna lie... they've been making it really really hard to like what they've been doing lately and the direction they're taking the brand. I mean, I get that there's a "need" to go green but this shit is just so stupid.
Amen. Itching to build another sports car for me.

kevman65

Hooked

With Leftist governments around the world pushing the agenda, any car manufacturer that ISN'T based in a Communist country has to sit up and take notice.

I really feel once everyone realizes it's going to take a few generations just to get the infrastructure up to speed, they'll back off a bit.

Besides, if they REALLY wanted to go green, they'd push for hydrogen powered vehicles. But there's no money in that for the politicians across the planet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And I should note, I am NOT the kind of guy who resists change - I EMBRACE IT especially if it really is better. When the YJ came out, I was okay with the square headlights but loved the half doors and was really happy when it got the 4.0L High Output fuel injection just a couple years after it's introduction. When the TJ came out, I know all the purists got all up in arms about coil suspension but I thought it was a great idea and they proved themselves out on the trail to be superior. When the JK came out with 4-doors, again, the purists screamed sacrilege and while I had my doubts, I knew it would be a hit and it is what I bought and still own today. In the end, the longer wheel base and what it could be made into for trail use was far superior to anything I had seen to date and all my friends at Jeep knew it would be. It's how they designed it. And, if anything, I was kind of disappointed that the JL didn't come with IFS.

All that said, I have yet to be convinced that the 4Xe or any fully electric Jeep is coming out with is actually "better" at being what it needs to be... A FUCKIN JEEP - as in, the best production off road vehicle on the planet. The only thing I'm being told to swallow is that it will help "save the planet". And again, while I understand their need to comply with government standards, the way they're handling this is just so wrong. Or at least, in my opinion. GM is doing a MUCH BETTER JOB at this especially with their Hummer. Instead of saving the planet, they're showing me how it'll have 1000 HP, will do zero to 60 in less than 3 seconds, how it has 4 wheel steering and can crab walk and lift itself 6" with a push of a button. I may not like how it looks and may never buy one but at least they have my attention. Jeep has been losing mine and it really sucks because I really do want the brand I love to be the best.

Yup. Exactly.

All this new shit they keep throwing out hastily is making me more and more content with keeping my JK forever...

Tixslam

And I should note, I am NOT the kind of guy who resists change - I EMBRACE IT especially if it really is better. When the YJ came out, I was okay with the square headlights but loved the half doors and was really happy when it got the 4.0L High Output fuel injection just a couple years after it's introduction. When the TJ came out, I know all the purists got all up in arms about coil suspension but I thought it was a great idea and they proved themselves out on the trail to be superior. When the JK came out with 4-doors, again, the purists screamed sacrilege and while I had my doubts, I knew it would be a hit and it is what I bought and still own today. In the end, the longer wheel base and what it could be made into for trail use was far superior to anything I had seen to date and all my friends at Jeep knew it would be. It's how they designed it. And, if anything, I was kind of disappointed that the JL didn't come with IFS.

All that said, I have yet to be convinced that the 4Xe or any fully electric Jeep is coming out with is actually "better" at being what it needs to be... A FUCKIN JEEP - as in, the best production off road vehicle on the planet. The only thing I'm being told to swallow is that it will help "save the planet". And again, while I understand their need to comply with government standards, the way they're handling this is just so wrong. Or at least, in my opinion. GM is doing a MUCH BETTER JOB at this especially with their Hummer. Instead of saving the planet, they're showing me how it'll have 1000 HP, will do zero to 60 in less than 3 seconds, how it has 4 wheel steering and can crab walk and lift itself 6" with a push of a button. I may not like how it looks and may never buy one but at least they have my attention. Jeep has been losing mine and it really sucks because I really do want the brand I love to be the best.
Very well said...
I resisted getting a JL when they first came out, now I love it.
I know the world evolves and people have to grow and adapt, but pushing change for the sake of change, or an agenda is just wrong.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I gotta ask… why would you want IFS?
While solid axles make it cheaper and easier to lift a Jeep, I personally think that IFS is superior especially when it come to ride quality and handling when bombing across the desert. The problem with IFS is that it can be stupid expensive to modify but if you can afford it, you can get every bit as much flex out of them as a solid axle and with more benefits. Being that Jeep has/had been going in the direction of more and more expensive, I figured IFS was a no brainer. Certainly, lifting a coil sprung Jeep costs way more than leaf springs ever did, especially when going tall enough to need long arms but the benefits were all there. And for the purists out there, you could always do a solid axle swap. Toyota guys have been doing it for years and Bronco guys are doing it now as well.

Again, I'm all for Jeep making big changes so long as the end goal is to make a better Jeep - AS IN, an off the show room floor vehicle that performs BETTER off road than the previous model. That's how it's always been for over 80 years but NOTHING about their new electric line up is that or even close to it and that to me, just sucks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very well said...
I resisted getting a JL when they first came out, now I love it.
I know the world evolves and people have to grow and adapt, but pushing change for the sake of change, or an agenda is just wrong.
I would argue that square headlights were a change just for change sake and to be honest, I get that and was okay with it. Not thrilled but understood what Lee Iacoca was doing especially with trying to share common parts with the XJ. It's the change for "agenda" sake that bothers me. I personally feel that Jeep is putting off road performance, something their brand was build on, out on the back burner or in the trash and all for the sake of being politically correct.

And, so that it isn't missed, I am NOT against electric. I just think that Jeep owes it to it's base to convince then/me that their electrified line up is actually BETTER than what they've made and make now and honestly, I think they could do it. The people in charge there are just lazy and taking the easy road of, "save the planet" and that just bugs me.

Top Bottom