Snake season!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I work outside in an area that gets lots of snakes. At least a couple times a year I find myself crawling under a piece of equipment that has one under it. My rule of thumb is if it has rattles it loses its head, if not I relocate it away from my work area. And if anyone isn't sure, it is true that a rattler will bite for several minuets after losing its head. IMG_0807.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I work outside in an area that gets lots of snakes. At least a couple times a year I find myself crawling under a piece of equipment that has one under it. My rule of thumb is if it has rattles it loses its head, if not I relocate it away from my work area. And if anyone isn't sure, it is true that a rattler will bite for several minuets after losing its head.

Scary shit. Yeah they can bite for like an hour after their head is cut off.

Recurve

Black snakes always coming around the yard , I play with them for a bit then let em go. Goood mouse catchers.
6174621696_IMG_1827.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
My youngest son and I went fishing today and caught this little guy.

IMG_20170908_133550_904.jpg

IMG_20170908_122920_229.jpg

IMG_20170908_122852_322.jpg

Bunch of frogs too.

0908171003.jpg

FallonJeeper

Well, at the Fallon 250 race course, I opened the rear cubby on my travel trailer to get the power cord, to hook up my generator. I immediately heard a sound that sounded like air leaking. I thought to myself, "there's nothing here that has air in it".

So... I turned on my light, scanned the immediate area around me, then backed slowly away from the trailer.

And there he was, as cute as could be, a baby rattler. I gave him his space and hooked up the generator.

He must have been annoyed with all the noise and vibrations. He was leaving when I took this pic.

4893.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Onefin

We were in Moab camping last weekend and my wife heard, then spotted a young rattlesnake under the jeep at dusk.
It took off, but my wife was freaked out for herself and my daughter.
By the time I got over to them with the shovel, the snake had taken cover.
I'm not a fan of snakes in general.

Lesson for wife: put shovel back where you found it after use, and then your husband can easily locate it in order to kill scary snake.

Markel1

Wish I could have taken pictures. Six weeks ago today I unlocked the door to our new office, started to pull it open and a 4' bull snake fell on my head. Pics would have been me screaming like a 12 y.o. girl while running/falling backwards. Life lesson for me is always look up when opening that door now.

Top Bottom