Smoking Meat -- Tips, Opinions, Recipes

G-mansjk

Smoking some drumsticks and pastrami tonight.!!! For the pastrami I take a corned beef brisket soak in water over night changing the water out every few hours to knock down the salty brine it's marinating in. Then once it's soaked I like making a dry rub with cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, throw the seasoning from the corned beef in a coffee grinder and a little Tony chachere's seasoning and give it a thin rub. Smoke for 4 to 6 hours then slice thinly and make some awesome pastrami melts. The chicken I brine over night in a mixture of water, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, red wine vinegar and hot sauce. The next day pat dry with a paper towel inject the brine, then dry rub with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked salt , all spice and pepper mix. Smoke for 2 to 3 hours. I've used the same recipe for whole chickens too and it's great 20190708_173039.jpg 20190708_155619.jpg

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

G-mansjk

Chicken is finished just waiting for pastrami.
1562635684698.jpg

Slimebones

Smoking some drumsticks and pastrami tonight.!!! For the pastrami I take a corned beef brisket soak in water over night changing the water out every few hours to knock down the salty brine it's marinating in. Then once it's soaked I like making a dry rub with cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, throw the seasoning from the corned beef in a coffee grinder and a little Tony chachere's seasoning and give it a thin rub. Smoke for 4 to 6 hours then slice thinly and make some awesome pastrami melts. The chicken I brine over night in a mixture of water, salt, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, red wine vinegar and hot sauce. The next day pat dry with a paper towel inject the brine, then dry rub with paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked salt , all spice and pepper mix. Smoke for 2 to 3 hours. I've used the same recipe for whole chickens too and it's great View attachment 330459 View attachment 330460

I am just getting started with this smoking stuff. Looks like you got it down. Will try your method. Thanks for sharing.

G-mansjk

I'm no pro but I've never had a scrap of meat for leftovers off the grill or smoker Haha.... I just know what I like and keep throwing curveballs at my recipes.
I am just getting started with this smoking stuff. Looks like you got it down. Will try your method. Thanks for sharing.

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm no pro but I've never had a scrap of meat for leftovers off the grill or smoker Haha.... I just know what I like and keep throwing curveballs at my recipes.

That's the best compliment. I'd love to get a smoker and once things in life slow down I just might do that. My coworker buys pork belly and makes his own thick cut smoked bacon. It's awesome.

I kept throwing curveballs at my mac n cheese recipe until I finally nailed the one I really liked. Then Recently my wife threw a curve ball at me when she was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance...haha. Back to the drawing board.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

What a downer guess you need to work on a gluten free recipe or a gluten tolerant wife Haha!!! The nice thing about smoking is you only need to tend it every hour or so. If you get a high dollar smoker it does just about every thing but flip your meat and give you a rub and tug.
That's the best compliment. I'd love to get a smoker and once things in life slow down I just might do that. My coworker buys pork belly and makes his own thick cut smoked bacon. It's awesome.

I kept throwing curveballs at my mac n cheese recipe until I finally nailed the one I really liked. Then Recently my wife threw a curve ball at me when she was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance...haha. Back to the drawing board.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

Finally cracked open the brisket/ pastrami for lunch after chilling in the fridge over night. It's freaking amazing!! Next venture sweet mustard based brisket. I'll keep ya'll posted 20190709_105830.jpg

Top Bottom