Sliders

Shrockworks makes an awesome set that bolt to the frame NOT the body or body mounts. I had slid and hit stuff that would have easily caused body damage on other designs that are light armor or just decorative. They start at $443, ship from Texas and also have 2 designs one of which more closely resembles a flat to step, but not something that is going to get you hung up on stuff when wheeling. I have personally bought and battle tested their stuff on the last 3 rigs I have owned and I trust them.

http://shrockworks.com/2007+-Wrangl...eep-JK-Rocker-Guards-Rock-Rails-pr-16206.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll just take 3 months to get your order.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went with the Rockhard 4x4 boatside sliders. I’m Very happy with them and they are in your price range. They handled a couple rocks well, but I haven’t come down hard on them enough to see if they would dent.

X2 on the RH. I had them on my 07 and since it was the one mod I couldn’t pull off when I traded it in, I bought another set for my 15.

IMG_4588.jpg

IMG_4589.jpg

i was in front without a spotter and I went down pretty hard on my passenger side, i would say the slider did its job in protecting the body. The tube did crush on one side but did stay straight

Evo Rock Sliders

I've ran factory Rubicon, Ace Engineering, LOD and EVO sliders. My preference is EVO and NOT angled down for a step. The only time I use the step, even on the LODs, is when I am working on the top of the jeep (e.g. installing a sun shade or soft top hardware). For daily use I never use them. Wife never used them. Kids get in just fine without them. I prefer the EVO as they take a beating and hug the body of the jeep.

My :twocents:

I've ran factory Rubicon, Ace Engineering, LOD and EVO sliders. My preference is EVO and NOT angled down for a step. The only time I use the step, even on the LODs, is when I am working on the top of the jeep (e.g. installing a sun shade or soft top hardware). For daily use I never use them. Wife never used them. Kids get in just fine without them. I prefer the EVO as they take a beating and hug the body of the jeep.

Some of us are short. I think your kids were taller than me by third grade. Lol.

Thanks

Sorry. Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth. :grayno:

I made the mistake of buying them as well. They seem like nice guys that run the company and I really wanted to like their products, but they really are substantially inferior to other sliders on the market. No point in steering other members wrong. :yup:

Nice, looks like you have some experience with sliders, awesome! Thanks for the cents. I need some sort of step I think though, or some alternative. I'm on top of the Jeep a lot, between putting on the soft top, flipping the rack back, putting up the kayaks, washing and such.

Sorry. Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth. :grayno:

I made the mistake of buying them as well. They seem like nice guys that run the company and I really wanted to like their products, but they really are substantially inferior to other sliders on the market. No point in steering other members wrong. :yup:

It can be a bummer to find that the things we spend our hard earned money on sucks but the truth is the truth. I always welcome honest reviews especially from people who've had first hand experience.

TNT customs make some nice ones.

I ran shrockworks on my old jeep and they were my favorite. Their lead time does suck.

Wish I went with something else on my jeep, but did the ACE weld on. They function fine but aesthetically didn’t do it.

TNT customs make some nice ones.

I ran shrockworks on my old jeep and they were my favorite. Their lead time does suck.

Wish I went with something else on my jeep, but did the ACE weld on. They function fine but aesthetically didn’t do it.

To follow up on Shrockworks, my wife runs them on her 2014 4Runner. She was warned by the store (Poly) that Shrockworks lead time was 6 to 8 weeks. From the day the order was placed it took two weeks to get them delivered. She couldn't be happier and was happy she decided to risk the long wait.

Very sturdy construction, and not a single blemish on the powder coat on delivery. Good clean beads on the weld.

Little pricey, but i would say it was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’ll just take 3 months to get your order.

All I have to say is they are well worth the wait. Excellent build quality and extremely rugged and more than capable of doing their job. I have seen what happens to lesser products that are mass produced and rushed out the door and I have seen first hand how well the Shrockworks sliders hold up. Shrockworks is very open about their lead times. They are faster on sliders than they are on bumpers or skid plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom