Show off your tents

CamBam925

Just Whitney. Not enough time for the whole jmt.
Love it up there such awesome views

I also did whitney just last summer, we're you able to summit?

Here's a shot I took of camp the first night at lone pine lake.

Attachments

• 1443241109278.jpg
    1443241109278.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 455

ilikedirt2011

I also did whitney just last summer, we're you able to summit?

Here's a shot I took of camp the first night at lone pine lake.

awesome picture!!
yeah i summited early the next morning.
went from the portal to trail camp, stayed there overnight summited and returned to portal.
it was awesome! i plan on going back and doing it over prolly 3 days and just relaxing and enjoying it more.

how was your trip? were you guys able to make the summit?

xrocknrollx

awesome picture!!
went from the portal to trail camp, stayed there overnight summited and returned to portal.
it was awesome! i plan on going back and doing it over prolly 3 days and just relaxing and enjoying it more.

Good to know there are other hikers around here. I summited Whitney on 9/8 this year. The sunrise was beautiful at 6 am at trail camp.

12001078_10104154077906407_3623863998236960493_o (1).jpg

That's my rei tent in the background and I have to say it's lighter thou it's not comfortable if temps are below 40

Last edited:

xrocknrollx

We did Whitney over 3 days....It took 7 years to get our permit, but it was nice to split it up into 3 days, I couldn't have enjoyed the scenery if I did it in a day. But then again it was 6 hrs of planes and 3 hrs of driving each way just to get to the portal.

ilikedirt2011

We did Whitney over 3 days....It took 7 years to get our permit, but it was nice to split it up into 3 days, I couldn't have enjoyed the scenery if I did it in a day. But then again it was 6 hrs of planes and 3 hrs of driving each way just to get to the portal.

I wow. That's crazy! I've done it twice and both times just done the lottery and gotten lucky!
That's a super long time to get a permit!
Crazy!

CamBam925

awesome picture!!

We did summit! It was amazing up there. Unfortunately I did get some altitude sickness which made the last leg very difficult but we got it done. There was enough snow on the chute that we were able to Glissade on the way down.

We did it over 3 days just so we could stop for photos at lone pine lake. The next night was spent trail camp. We summited from trail camp early the next morning (got up at 3am) and then fully descended that same day. I would do it completely different now and not take our full packs all the way to trail camp. I would probably hike to outpost with our packs and camp then summit with small pack and come back to camp for the night then head back to the car.

epetry

Here is my tent, it's a REI brand 4 person half dome. Me and my wife bought this tent because we were tired of always getting wet on our camping trips. It's worked great so far!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443283116.689199.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443283152.644576.jpg

RedRum

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443389719.280064.jpg

Here's our setup ! Represent great old USA and Serbia ( where my fiancé is from ) simple tent setup but effective and easy to breakdown

sunnysideup

Jeep tent

I have a jeep tent.... It is a dome tent that is about 7 feet tall inside, and has a full rainfly to the ground. the poles are heavy duty... and this thing has stood up in 40+ mph winds and rain. It takes about 30 min. to set up, it has the bonus of having a room between the Jeep and the sleeping area. Why have a tent this large? I have raised 4 kids... all camping trips were in a tent! This tent can sleep all of them. It weighs about 45 lbs with a hammer and 10 inch metal stakes. You can set up two playpens in it, sleep two adults or kids in the jeep with the seat folded down, have the center room for clothes bags and luggage and still have room for 4 more people on the floor! This is the second tent similar to this I have had.... the first one lasted 15 years. bought this one toward the end of my kids growing up and have only used it 4 times. Mow our kids are growing up and starting families of their own... and now I have "downsized" to a RTT for two. This used jeep tent is for sale on E-bay now...200 plus shipping under jeep tents... (unless it sold by the time you read this) but it works great for a large family. Goose lake abundance 2013 101.jpg Goose lake abundance 2013 102.jpg

I have contiuned a coversion project of a utility trailer that now has 16 gallons of water on board, a battery and power inverter, and lots of space... my kids can bring their own tents, but I could still haul a lot of the supplies! Just finishing it up after putting a tnet on it!

Last edited:

sunnysideup

NEW TENT setup...

P1070090.jpg P1070099.jpg P1070092.jpg P1070093.jpg

Here is the new tent... trailer... all home made. It has 16 gallons water, a solar charger, 12 volt battery, 10 gallons gas... lots of tools, fishing pole mounts, etc... I plan on converting the hubs so I can run jeep rims and 35's on it... remove current fenders... I have a basket we are building to go behind the RTT for more external storage. The drawers are 4 feet long and slide out on each side... the center is filled with totes and cooler space. water tight, and trail tested!

Last edited:
Top Bottom