Show off your tents

Crush Rubicon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370315282.522987.jpg this tent is an old Sierra Designs 3 man I take when it's me and one and dogs. Small very tough been in rain, very heavy winds and and everything else great tent for 2 or 3 and 2 dogs.

Crush Rubicon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370316184.421392.jpg Here is my REI Base Camp 6. Just got this tent a few months ago when the zippers quit working on my old one. I liked my old Base Camp better the windows closed on the door so was a little warmer in cold weather.

DJCFHB

I use the marmot halo 4 tent. Have used it for the past 2 years and has held up very well plenty of room for the girlfriend, the dogs, and myself(6'3"). Packs easy, quick assembly, holds up well in the elements.
IMG_0683.jpg IMG_0729.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Tents have definitely come a long way. I remember the 12 person huge family tents we had when I were a kid. Would take about an hour to set up.

htweelz

Tents have definitely come a long way. I remember the 12 person huge family tents we had when I were a kid. Would take about an hour to set up.

Same here but ours was a four person. Canvas with an external frame. Just inherited a four person one of those from my inlaws. Two big huge bags one for the tent and one for the poles. I want to set it up just for fun.

kRay.JK

We use a cheap Kelty 2-person I literally stole off steepandcheap.com.
It's no frills but gets the job done for...I believe I paid $45 for it.
GCGHtO2.jpg

I have my personal MSR 1-person hubba that I will keep forever.
I love this tent and how light/little it is.
JChpG7P.jpg

MoEzZCf.jpg

We also use ENO hammocks from time to time.

I lust over the REI Half Dome 2 + but can't justify until the Kelty dies.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
^ I've been tempted to get an ENO hammock just for shits and giggles but I don't wheel and stop for a few hours often enough for it to be of any real use for me :/ I am gonna be getting this from Smittybilt in the near future though! It's a nice and easy way to have some shade for a on the trail lunch or something :p
http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/83.htm

Jesus Eddie, that tent set up is epic haha you could charge people $35 a night to sleep there xD

kRay.JK

Kenny, get the ENO with the PRO slapstraps and it takes no-more-than 2.7 seconds to put up. It's so easy a caveman could do it. We hang ours inside the jeep sometimes or just park next to a tree. If you are with friends you can hang it from both jeeps. When I road trip I will sometimes sleep in the jeep to save money this way.

Edit: not my jeep in the photo. just demonstrating the idea.

^ I've been tempted to get an ENO hammock just for shits and giggles but I don't wheel and stop for a few hours often enough for it to be of any real use for me :/ I am gonna be getting this from Smittybilt in the near future though! It's a nice and easy way to have some shade for a on the trail lunch or something :p
http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/83.htm

Jesus Eddie, that tent set up is epic haha you could charge people $35 a night to sleep there xD

i6SNZmx.jpg

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Kenny, get the ENO with the PRO slapstraps and it takes no-more-than 2.7 seconds to put up. It's so easy a caveman could do it. We hang ours inside the jeep sometimes or just park next to a tree. If you are with friends you can hang it from both jeeps. When I road trip I will sometimes sleep in the jeep to save money this way.

Edit: not my jeep in the photo. just demonstrating the idea.

Oh my God that is genius! Great idea now I really want one haha where do you have it tied off in the front? Around the roll bar close to the windshield? Freakin awesome haha

Top Bottom