Show Off Your Guns!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just an FYI to those traveling into the Republic of Kalifornia. It is apparently now unlawful to bring ammunition into the state which was purchased outside of the state. My old man was just asked at the Truckee bug station if he had ammo.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Just an FYI to those traveling into the Republic of Kalifornia. It is apparently now unlawful to bring ammunition into the state which was purchased outside of the state. My old man was just asked at the Truckee bug station if he had ammo.

Answer to that question is always no. What a fine state, to have become so F’d up by laws stemming from 3 or 4 cities.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked

Sounds like they have ammo they’d like to sell you instead of using your own. Pretty sad.

jesse3638

Hooked

Here are the specifics:

30314. (a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of
this state shall not bring or transport into this state any
ammunition that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained
from outside of this state unless he or she first has that
ammunition delivered to a licensed ammunition vendor for
delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set
forth in Section 30312.

Looks like when I'm out of state with work I know what I'll be asking before I leave...;)..haha

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Now that’s interesting, because what you quoted only applies to California residents. I was under the impression that part of the law imposes a similar restriction on non-residents.

jesse3638

Hooked
Now that’s interesting, because what you quoted only applies to California residents. I was under the impression that part of the law imposes a similar restriction on non-residents.
Everything I've found only pertains to CA residents. Even persons moving to CA from another state would be exempted as they are not "residents". One time free pass..haha. I may be wrong though.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

p38

Caught the Bug
Don't really know what that rule is supposed to accomplish, other than track who's buying what and how much. I shoot some calibers which are not typically carried and/or custom loaded - so I have it shipped to the local FFL. I see it as just another move to make it more difficult for those of us who shoot/hunt by those who feel we shouldn't do either.

Here's a picture of one of the not-common calibers: Hankins Custom 220 Swift, Brux Heavy Barrel - 1/9 - 26", Stiller Action, Jewel Trigger, Shehane Stock, Nightforce 8 - 32 x 56. She's heavy, bench-rest only, but it will send a 69 grain boat-tail down range in excess of 4000FPS.

IMG_20180504_161601.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Don't really know what that rule is supposed to accomplish, other than track who's buying what and how much. I shoot some calibers which are not typically carried and/or custom loaded - so I have it shipped to the local FFL. I see it as just another move to make it more difficult for those of us who shoot/hunt by those who feel we shouldn't do either.

Here's a picture of one of the not-common calibers: Hankins Custom 220 Swift, Brux Heavy Barrel - 1/9 - 26", Stiller Action, Jewel Trigger, Shehane Stock, Nightforce 8 - 32 x 56. She's heavy, bench-rest only, but it will send a 69 grain boat-tail down range in excess of 4000FPS.

View attachment 301762

That's awesome. I watched a guy at a range one time put 4 bullets through the same hole at 100 yards with a 220 swift. His scope was like 6 inches in diameter. Sweet round and rifle.

Benito

Caught the Bug
That's awesome. I watched a guy at a range one time put 4 bullets through the same hole at 100 yards with a 220 swift. His scope was like 6 inches in diameter. Sweet round and rifle.

Are you sure he didn’t just miss the other 3 times?

WJCO

Meme King

Lol. That was my first thought that day. The hole was elongated and there was another smaller hole right next to it. His whole purpose was to set up the scope that day. He said 100 yards was nothing for that gun and most people shoot it much farther than that. Still pretty impressive.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Lol. That was my first thought that day. The hole was elongated and there was another smaller hole right next to it. His whole purpose was to set up the scope that day. He said 100 yards was nothing for that gun and most people shoot it much farther than that. Still pretty impressive.

In Texas, they are required to at least own ten guns, or they have to move to Louisiana.

A.J.

Now THAT'S funny.

What's really funny is that shit used to happen at high power competitions. Guys would shoot a one hole group and then just fling the last one or two shots completely off target to save their score. A few caught on to it so some of the ranges started using a rolling paper behind the target to count the shots.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

aemfinger

Finished a build for a friend. Even as a fan of OD green, I wasn’t sure how ALL OD would look. I think it turned out pretty nice for a budget build.

Attachments

• B27778AD-8798-40C3-A9A7-BFC7C5CC2F25.jpg
    B27778AD-8798-40C3-A9A7-BFC7C5CC2F25.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 185
  • BC703354-CB55-4884-A4CB-CAD64D52C401.jpg
    BC703354-CB55-4884-A4CB-CAD64D52C401.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 182
  • AF26F957-8B1D-4C5A-90E8-DA84BC5202C8.jpg
    AF26F957-8B1D-4C5A-90E8-DA84BC5202C8.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 187
Top Bottom