Shots Fired!

Last night about 1AM, some asshole fired about 6 shots from a 9mm right outside my apartment window. There were 5 brass casings found by myself and the police on the street near both mine and my wife's jeeps! The Nissan across the street had a bullet hole in the drivers door. Luckily no one was hurt and no other damage was found to anyone's vehicles or property. I gotta get outta here!

image.jpg

The cop took a rock and made scratch marks on the pavement by each casing so the detectives could locate them when they got on scene
image.jpg

This is one of 3 right near my wife's jeep

image.jpg

This is a shot of the street all taped off behind my wife's grand cherokee

image.jpg

This morning I took a couple pics of the bullet hole in the neighbors car door

image.jpg

image.jpg

I know. I was wondering what the target was and where the hell the other rounds landed. Since all the casings are on the right side of the street it seems that the shooter was aiming at something up the street a bit from the firing point and probably at the opposite side of the street. All the row homes that are across the street are set back about 10-15 feet and all are up on a slight hill maybe 5 feet elevated from street level. I'm wondering if the stray rounds may be buried in the lawns across the street.

Whatever the case, no one was hit. It's just wierd though. This kind of thing happens to other people. Never in your own neighborhood.

StrizzyChris

Don't move!!!!

If you and other people who want to live in a safe environment leave, that'll only leave the area full of thugs and criminals......then "groups" will come in claiming the man is suppressing them and keeping them in the slums! I'm tired of all the discrimination claims in the news.

In summary, don't move so the news is better for me to watch

Don't move!!!!

If you and other people who want to live in a safe environment leave, that'll only leave the area full of thugs and criminals......then "groups" will come in claiming the man is suppressing them and keeping them in the slums! I'm tired of all the discrimination claims in the news.

In summary, don't move so the news is better for me to watch

That seals it then. I will continue to put my family at risk for the convenience of others. White flight be damned!

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!

Gotta go. Need to find a Walmart to loot as my hovel burns from the fire I set to "show the man!"

Thanks for talking me down man! I almost started looking for a safe neighborhood to live in.

StrizzyChris

That seals it then. I will continue to put my family at risk for the convenience of others. White flight be damned!

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE!

Gotta go. Need to find a Walmart to loot as my hovel burns from the fire I set to "show the man!"

Thanks for talking me down man! I almost started looking for a safe neighborhood to live in.

You're a good man! In fact you've already made an impact...I just saw that a white woman was just released from jail after 17 years for a murder she didn't commit, and ruled inadequate representation in her trail. First time it's happened to a white person, you know! http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/woman-exonerated-in-murder-case-after-17-years/ar-BB8zHyD

JKbrick

Under interests in your profile it says shooting. If you move somewhere safe that would not be very fun for you

Under interests in your profile it says shooting. If you move somewhere safe that would not be very fun for you

Point taken. Between you and Strizzy, I now realize I must stay put. It's a matter of principle.

And really, what is "safe"? :thinking: It's all relative. Hell, I could step off the curb and get hit by a street sweeper keeping a safe neighborhood clean!

Many thanks to you, sir, for helping me keep this whole incident in perspective! :thumb:

Just get a bigger gun. They had 9MM so get a .40 or .45. I would also look at a 12 GA and out a xtra full choke on it and then use turkey shot. #6 pellets will hold a 6 inch pattern out to about 30 yards. That will stop them and wish they were dead or could be dead idk.

Or you could move to protect the Jeeps. 😉

R/
Will

David1tontj

Actually, a bullet hole in a wrangler would be kinda cool!

Glad you're safe brother! That's a scary thing to think of all those stray bullets!

Armydog

Don't shoot anything smaller than a .45ACP SHOOTING TWICE IS JUST PLAIN SILLY! Unless it's a controlled pair, then it's just good tactics.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Soonerschooner

Shoot back!!!

From my previous po-po days is much rather hear of a banger getting his ticket punched by an average Joe than him being the accidental victim in a drive by.

Soonerschooner

Actually, a bullet hole in a wrangler would be kinda cool!

Glad you're safe brother! That's a scary thing to think of all those stray bullets!

The .357 still out ranks the .45acp on one shot stops. Even certain 9mm rounds do. Tho the old line "I shoot a .45 because they don't make a .46…" is always good!

David1tontj

The .357 still out ranks the .45acp on one shot stops. Even certain 9mm rounds do. Tho the old line "I shoot a .45 because they don't make a .46…" is always good!

Unmmmm... The 357 might... But not the 9mm. Are you comparing hydrashocks to ball??

Comparing and arguing different calibers effectiveness on one shot stops is an endless argument. I own all 3 of the mentions calibers. The reason I prefer my .45 over my .357 is simply that I'm not a huge fan of revolvers. (Despite owning several)

It all boils down to shot placement. A .22short placed correctly will drop a man.

Shoot what you like to shoot, but practice frequently, get familiar with it, and remember, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice! Double tap my friend!

David1tontj

Don't shoot anything smaller than a .45ACP SHOOTING TWICE IS JUST PLAIN SILLY! Unless it's a controlled pair, then it's just good tactics.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

I think he meant to quote you... But I always say that too, so I don't mind!

Soonerschooner

Unmmmm... The 357 might... But not the 9mm. Are you comparing hydrashocks to ball??

Comparing and arguing different calibers effectiveness on one shot stops is an endless argument. I own all 3 of the mentions calibers. The reason I prefer my .45 over my .357 is simply that I'm not a huge fan of revolvers. (Despite owning several)

It all boils down to shot placement. A .22short placed correctly will drop a man.

Shoot what you like to shoot, but practice frequently, get familiar with it, and remember, anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice! Double tap my friend!

Im in a similar boat in reality, I just like to stir the caliber debate pot. Mostly because statistically all handguns are inadequate for stopping a person reliably. I use a .40 stuffed with Hydrashocks because I know that with a pistol it's about causing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible. Add in multiple hostiles it leads me to the .40 for my small hands. Double stack .45 is just too big, I don't like the 9mikemike even though numerous loadings are in the mid 90s% for one shot stops.

That's why I've got a 16" brl .308 AR10 for all my anti-dangerous-critters weapon, two legged or 4!

UpsideUp

I'm glad your are safe sir. Someone needs to erase stupid before he kills someone! Out of curiosity what are the gun control laws in Philly? Is it as bad as New York and SF? If so...I'm sorry to hear it. If not...your families safety is worth what it cost for what ever caliber you choose to protect you and your love ones.

Top Bottom