SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Congratulations Shadows_Jeep! Looks like it’s 60% black, 40% shiny. That means 60% of you don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Congratulations Shadows_Jeep! Looks like it’s 60% black, 40% shiny. That means 60% of you don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL!! I went with black, but I'm working my way to shiny on the beadlock rings :crazy_eyes:. I think ultimately it depends on the color of the Jeep.

Zman024

Shiny Wheels

I'm old school and prefer the look of chrome or polished to matte black or gloss black. That being said, I can appreciate the blacked out look on some vehicles. I currently run AEV Savegre wheels in the Argent Silver on my 2010 JKU Rubicon. :twocents:

Rivertoys

I voted black and I'm running black Mickey Thompson Classic 3s on the JK. As with so many things automotive related for me, it all depends on the look one is trying to achieve. There is nothing "wrong" with either finish. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. If your rig has no other chrome or polish, you may not want the contrast of the chrome/polished rims. Conversely, if all of the other accents are black, then black might make the most sense. I think on a Jeep the black rims look most "business" but that's just my opinion. When you're talking beadlocks, I like that black allows you to have body or contrasting color ring and that look doesn't work as well with polished. Again, my opinion.

My current Jeep sports my first set of black rims, and I'm sold. Looking to change my black/black suburban over too. I just love that you can't see the brake dust! :)

Rubicrush

Black Wheels!

I personally prefer the dark wheels over the shiny ones. Especially on brighter colored jeeps. Really makes paint colors pop! Just personal preference.

CalSgt

Hooked
I didn't vote either way... For me each set of wheels for each vehicle is a new decision.

As I was writing that I realized that almost every set of wheels i've done have been in the shiny category, so i will go back and vote...

Chevy Rally wheels painted metallic blue W chrome trim rings on the K-10
Chrome Focal 17's on Cavalier
Billet centerline 19's on RSX-S
gray Walker Evans beadlocks on my RZR
shiny KMC RG's on the JL
I left stock wheels (shiny ones) on everything else

Top Bottom