SHINY or BLACK : Aftermarket Jeep Wheels Survey

SHINY or BLACK - What kind of wheels do You Prefer?

• SHINY Wheels

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • BLACK Wheels

Votes: 86 63.2%

• Total voters

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I think the contrast of the shiny raw aluminum looks bad ass. Black is ok, but shiny is better. That being said, I think mirror finish is too much for a Jeep.

Rst8rox

I think it depends on the color of the vehicle and overall end goal/theme that you’re after. That being said I have both I run black on my White Tj and polished on the YJ buggy. IMG_1333.jpg IMG_1095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting to see how SHINY took the lead early on but now BLACK is pulling ahead. Please keep the votes coming in and thank you for your help :thumb:

JeepDad17

What timing, my wife and I were just having this discussion this week. We are shopping for new wheels and tires for our Jeep and I prefer the Shinny ones she prefers the Black ones. I learned along time ago that a happy wife equals a happy life, so we'll be getting Black wheels! ;)

Brute

Hooked
What timing, my wife and I were just having this discussion this week. We are shopping for new wheels and tires for our Jeep and I prefer the Shinny ones she prefers the Black ones. I learned along time ago that a happy wife equals a happy life, so we'll be getting Black wheels! ;)

Your a smart man...

I've got the teflon coated atx artillery wheels. I sprayed them with some black plastic dip because i prefer them not glossy. Now they've got a permanent layer of dust so they look gray. hahaha....

Jkratt

I like the black. Hides the brake dust and goes with the white jeep with black fenders and hard top. I will say I love the look of Eddies new JL. Making me think it's time to upgrade.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I really like the black atx slabs with a shiny ring. Those will be my next wheels :thumb: but I currently have black Mickey Thompson classic 3 wheels. I think it all depends on the color of the Jeep and the style of the wheel

duktrx

I have black on the Jeep, one less thing to polish; on my truck I loved the look of the Aluminium, just hate trying to keep them looking great.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Have gun metal grey shiny pintler beadlocks on my JK....so they are neither black nor shiny...:crazyeyes::crazyeyes: and generaly dirty:D

Have to say shiny is nice if you keep them pristine but they often corrode with the salt/road grime around here. Black is fine until they have shiny marks from rocks eating at them and corrosion under the finish..

I vote for shiny with NO finish to be able to polish them back is needed. (never do)

jdofmemi

Not everyone is voting, as instructed in the OP. I don’t think they realize there is an actual poll attached to this thread. You have to view it on the full site, by clicking web view.

View attachment 308871

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the reminder. I couldn't get the poll to open, so I just answered and moved on. I totally forgot that I have to select full site for things like polls, just like updating profile and such.

Top Bottom