Shark "Tank"

WJCO

Meme King
That looks good, can't even see where you trimmed. Do you really have air horns? I definitely want some at some point.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Lol. No, real air horns are out of his budget (he would need a compressor and tank) so we picked up a set of PIAA 400hz and 500hz sport horns. I will likely install them in the grill area. They are plenty loud for his needs but certainly don’t have the punch and bass of true air horns.

BaddestCross

Cool switch setup, but let me warn you... It's real easy to accidentally hit the leftmost switch so you may want to rethink having the horn in that location or anything that may get you in trouble on the highway (ie: light bar). If it were me, I'd put the rock lights in that position.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Cool switch setup, but let me warn you... It's real easy to accidentally hit the leftmost switch so you may want to rethink having the horn in that location or anything that may get you in trouble on the highway (ie: light bar). If it were me, I'd put the rock lights in that position.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
I never would have thought of that, great point.

Ddays

Hooked
Lol. No, real air horns are out of his budget (he would need a compressor and tank) so we picked up a set of PIAA 400hz and 500hz sport horns. I will likely install them in the grill area. They are plenty loud for his needs but certainly don’t have the punch and bass of true air horns.

LOL, are his "needs" scaring the living shit of people? My daughter insists on visiting EVERY booth that has an air horn setup on display when we go to the trade shows. It's going to be one of her first mods when she gets her first Jeep. I guess that's the Youtube generation for ya. :rolleyes2:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Interesting. With an automatic, the only reason for him to be anywhere near that leftmost switch is to pull the TC into 4wd, which he would never be doing on the highway. Also, it is a momentary switch so it is actually pretty hard to accidentally trigger and if you were to actually hit it, the switch would disengage the second you pulled your hand away. I was thinking it is the best of the group to have there because there is no way to trigger it and not immediately know that you have done so.

LOL, are his "needs" scaring the living shit of people? My daughter insists on visiting EVERY booth that has an air horn setup on display when we go to the trade shows. It's going to be one of her first mods when she gets her first Jeep. I guess that's the Youtube generation for ya. :rolleyes2:

Yes, pretty much. Lol. I think the exact statement to his friends was "this will be so great scaring girls in the parking lot at school."

BaddestCross

Interesting. With an automatic, the only reason for him to be anywhere near that leftmost switch is to pull the TC into 4wd, which he would never be doing on the highway. Also, it is a momentary switch so it is actually pretty hard to accidentally trigger and if you were to actually hit it, the switch would disengage the second you pulled your hand away. I was thinking it is the best of the group to have there because there is no way to trigger it and not immediately know that you have done so.

Yes, pretty much. Lol. I think the exact statement to his friends was "this will be so great scaring girls in the parking lot at school."
Yeah, you'd think. I've hit it getting into the Jeep, reaching for stuff on the floor, and God knows what else. Momentary switch wouldn't be that big of a deal so it'll just scare the fuck out of him for a second. 😂

--

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yeah, you'd think. I've hit it getting into the Jeep, reaching for stuff on the floor, and God knows what else. Momentary switch wouldn't be that big of a deal so it'll just scare the fuck out of him for a second. 😂

--

Are you running this same five switch RR panel?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.17.33 PM.png

Or the older 4 switch style (made by Daystar and Rugged Ridge) that has the switches at a different angle?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.17.11 PM.png

BaddestCross

Are you running this same five switch RR panel?

View attachment 289029

Or the older 4 switch style (made by Daystar and Rugged Ridge) that has the switches at a different angle?

View attachment 289028
It's the older one by Daystar, but I also have the 08 so the outer switches are closer to the passengers. It's really no huge deal, I was just giving a heads up. You get used to it after awhile. When I first installed it I had the light bar switch next to the driver and I hit it a couple times without realizing and pissed off some drivers on the road. Luckily not a LEO. 😎

I moved my compressor switch into that spot and now I just wonder what the fuck that noise is every now and again. 😂

--

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I had the same Daystar one on my ‘09. This new panel sits at a completely different angle. The switches are almost parallel to the center console in angle. They are hopefully much harder to hit but time will tell.

Trail JK

Doing some more test fitting today. We thought we would try a bit different switch panel than regularly run (at least I don’t recall seeing someone with this panel).

Like everything this week, I had to make some modifications. I’m not sure if it is the type of switches we bought or what, but they were hitting the top of the switch panel. With a little trimming I got it all worked out.

I think they look great and can’t wait to see them wired up and ready to go.

View attachment 288975
View attachment 288976
View attachment 288977

Stay tuned...the Shark Tank has a lot of changes coming its way. ;)

That came out clean. I like it! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

So after spending a bunch of time dreaming up my own custom fuse/relay system, I ultimately decided to return what I had purchased so far and go in a different direction.

I talked to Steve from Strike Force Zebra and we worked through what my plans were for switches, and placement. Steve was nice enough to modify the SFZ Central Command to suit my needs.

The initial install probably won’t happen until later this weekend, but I inboxed everything tonight and have to say that I am impressed.

IMG_4345.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG

Steve even made me some jumpers for the negative spades on the switches I will be running.

IMG_4347.JPG

Everything seems to be put together very well and I love the footprint of the entire setup. All connectors are insulated and wire is properly wrapped in loom and heat shrunk on the ends.

I’ll take more pics during the install but if you are looking for an all in one system, you should really give this a look. :thumb:

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

I forgot to post this fun pic too. Notice anything missing?

IMG_4348.JPG

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Shark "Tank"

I installed the Strike Force Zebra Central Command today...accessories will get put on later. The directions were very good and everything went together very well. Here are a few photos and potential little extra tidbits that may help someone in the future.

It should go without saying, but be aware that you can move these nuts around and you may have to do so just a tad bit to line up the Central Command mounting plate.
IMG_4363.JPG

With everything lined up and bolted down, it's time to move onto getting the lines into the cab.
IMG_4366.JPG

On my 2015, it was helpful to unbolt the OEM horn and move it out of the way temporarily.
IMG_4372.JPG

This is where the clutch would be; I have an automatic so it is the perfect place to pull wire. You can see the silver tent stake I pushed through for the picture.
IMG_4373.JPG
IMG_4375.JPG

The Central Command comes with a Daystar firewall boot. It is very easy to push through from the cab and does a great job of protecting the wiring. Notice, of course, that all of the Strike Force Zebra wiring is already covered in protective loom.
IMG_4377.JPG

Loosely put a zip tie on here and then slide it down to the boot and pull it tight to secure the boot around the wiring loom.
IMG_4378.JPG

Here it is all buttoned up with the OEM horn back in it's bracket.
IMG_4379.JPG

Time to move on to the battery hookup. Not a whole lot going on here and the installation should be self-explanatory. Just make sure to take care routing the loom and use zip ties to secure everything.
IMG_4382.JPG
IMG_4384.JPG

My switches are lower dependent, which means each LED in the switch requires a different power source. We wanted the lower part of the switch (the text) to light up with the dash so I tapped the orange/grey wire behind the power window switches. It is the small wire in the plug.
IMG_4386.JPG

Speaking of zip ties. Strike Force Zebra sends a bunch and they are the good ones (not the crap that snaps when you try to tie anything up). This may seem like no big deal to some people, but it matters a lot to me. I can't count how many times I have had to grab my own stash because the ties sent with a product suck.
IMG_4389.JPG

Switches "off" but in night driving mode with the dimmer power to the switches.
IMG_4391.JPG

With the switches in the "on" position.
IMG_4392.JPG

My overall impression is that this kit has been very well thought out and built. Sometimes it's the little things when it comes to stuff like this. For example, the trigger wires come neatly bundled, pre-terminated, and covered in loom with the end heat-shrunk. That's certainly not a big dollar item, but it makes it so much easier when it comes time to feed the group of wires through the dash and over to the switches.

When I start installing the accessories, it will just be a matter of grounding the accessory to the chassis and then running the "hot" end of the accessory to the Central Command under the hood. Simple, clean, reliable, and very easy to change things up. In addition to the five switches that are hooked up and ready to go, I have four more hot leads (cb, other lights, etc.) already pulled off of the Central Command and run into the dash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom