Selecting a Mig welder.

yodusty

I bought a used Miller Syncrowave 200 about 8 years ago so I could learn how to TIG steel & aluminum.... Short story long..... I use my small 110V Miller MIG 100% of the time. My next welder will be a 220V MIG. I still want to learn how to TIG though... Just to add, I can't imagine trying to TIG in hard to reach places on the Jeep. MIG all the way.

I TIG everything on the Jeep from frame to body panels. I also have mig and stick capabilities if i want, but don’t really need it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
I TIG everything on the Jeep from frame to body panels. I also have mig and stick capabilities if i want, but don’t really need it

Nice! I guess if you know what you are doing, it's easier... Welcome to Wayalife.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

That’s a good skill to have. Do you run a scratch start or are you using a pedal? Seems like there would be a lot of situations where it would be difficult to run a pedal when you could just mig it?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

If I continue to find more and more uses for the welder I may eventually get a Tig machine. I have done it before but wouldn't say I'm any good at it. The Mig is just so easy point and and shoot and up to this point I don't need anything to look pretty. It was a tough choice not just getting the Multimatic Miller Mig / Tig for an extra $300 BUT I had to draw the line somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Gonna bump this as I am thinking about getting a new one. Would prefer 110/220V compatible but it’s not 100% necessary. Right around $1,000 or less would be nice also. What is recommended?

Bierpower

Hooked
I run this Lincoln for a 110 machine. It's the only 110 welder I could find with a 60% duty cycle unless you double the cost and go miller.
PXL_20210509_022829005.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Gonna bump this as I am thinking about getting a new one. Would prefer 110/220V compatible but it’s not 100% necessary. Right around $1,000 or less would be nice also. What is recommended?

I just picked up a Lincoln 210MP a few months ago. I went to my local Airgas store and explained what I wanted to it for and he basically told me to buy once, cry once. I know it's more than you listed but I've bought enough dumb Jeep parts that I've replaced that I just bought the damn thing.

lincoln.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
I’ve looked at that one. Only concern is it not running 220. I have it available and don’t want to regret not getting on with that capability.
For sure, if you have 220 available, I would step up to a 220 machine. We were renting when I got that one and now it's nice to take up to the house garage for little stuff or throw in the car if someone needs help with something.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For sure, if you have 220 available, I would step up to a 220 machine. We were renting when I got that one and now it's nice to take up to the house garage for little stuff or throw in the car if someone needs help with something.
My previous house was the same when I was renting. That’s why I bought the Hobart 140. It looked like a good machine and I’m sure the thief is happy with it, just not sure if i should get another or go bigger.

MericaMade

Checkout the Weldpro 210. It comes with mig,tig,and stick gun and I paid under 900 for it.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a Lincoln 180 dual. It lists at around $1500, a bit more than your budget. I was fortunate to get it lightly used for quite a bit less than that. I’ve been happy with it.

kevman65

Hooked
Most of your bigger weld supply houses will have used equipment they will warranty. It is rental equipment they are ready to cycle out of rotation.
Generally you can get these for a great price.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a Lincoln 180 dual. It lists at around $1500, a bit more than your budget. I was fortunate to get it lightly used for quite a bit less than that. I’ve been happy with it.

I looked at that one. It’s nice. It’s still an option but lower on the list right now.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Checkout the Weldpro 210. It comes with mig,tig,and stick gun and I paid under 900 for it.
Looks like they are back ordered and hard to find many reviews on it. I guess my hesitation with it is it seems like not many people have it and I don’t want to regret getting that and not something else. I’ll keep looking into it though. Has me intrigued.

MericaMade

Just found more info on it. They call it the weld pro 200 amp LCD. 210 wasn’t bringing up a ton of results. Gets solid reviews. Might look deeper into it.

The 210LCD allow you to control amperage and wire speed where the 200 is preset and you cant adjust on the fly.

Attachments

• 20210516_180741.jpg
    20210516_180741.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom