Scrambler's Build

Holy chopped fenders, Scrambler. Those look awesome. Love the lines you chose. Great job. Not sure I can pull off that kind of precision.

I just cut along the edge of the flare to get rid the lip. It's extremely simple and accuracy isn't too important because the edges get covered with door trim. Just PM me if you decide to tackle the flares and I'll answer whatever questions you have or take more detailed pictures. Look at some other cut flares before you make the leap because there are multiple ways to cut them and multiple "styles". This was the simplest way to cut, it in my mind, to achieve my goal of having no rub on the flares.

Your jeep looks great. What diff cover did you decide to go with?

I actually got a stock one from Oscar Mike that I am going to hit with the grinder to get rid of the lip. After much deliberation in my head, I decided that it was not worth throwing money at my stock axles on a high dollar diff cover. I am planning on an axle swap next year if all of the cards fall into place. :thumb:

I got to work early today and got our fab shop to cut two inches off the end of the rubi rails. No more tire rubbing on the rails. Before and after pictures to follow once I get time. The rails came off a 2015 Rubicon, but they were as long as where the early JK's pinch seams ended. I'm assuming this is because Jeep did not change the design of the rails with the update of pinch seam.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445103008.473069.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445103031.073321.jpg

Changed out the bent diff cover with a ground down stock one and cycled the suspension to check for enough brake line for full droop. I'd say I'm about ready for Windrock. Thanks Trevor for setting us up with a lift so we didn't have to work on our backs. You da man.

Just a little update on my tire situation (one tire had the tread separate on the way to Windrock for those of you that were not following that thread). Treadwright has reviewed my warranty claim and is sending me a new 315/70r17. I was skeptical at first after leaving messages and sending emails to no avail, but they have made the situation right and I have to commend them on that. Hopefully, the tire that separated was a fluke and I won't have anymore problems. The main thing I can say after the whole situation is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry a spare. Don't be an idiot like me and not carry one. You never know when you may need it. :beer:

Just a little update on my tire situation (one tire had the tread separate on the way to Windrock for those of you that were not following that thread). Treadwright has reviewed my warranty claim and is sending me a new 315/70r17. I was skeptical at first after leaving messages and sending emails to no avail, but they have made the situation right and I have to commend them on that. Hopefully, the tire that separated was a fluke and I won't have anymore problems. The main thing I can say after the whole situation is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry a spare. Don't be an idiot like me and not carry one. You never know when you may need it. :beer:
Glad to hear they are honoring their warranty. I have to say I am pretty surprised myself.

I think those wheel go really well with your build. I really like the build. When I get mine next year I want to take it a similar direction

Ohhhh you broke someone elses jeep at uwharrie? I thought i was just scotts lmao

Hahaha, everyone has jokes. I might have been the cause of Scott's tie rod (I still blame my spotter) and yes there was a dented diff cover due to my spotting. BUT, I found Scott a free tie rod, that he proceeded to bend next time out, and I also got Chris free lift time and helped him grind and swap diff covers. So there! [emoji23]

Hahaha, everyone has jokes. I might have been the cause of Scott's tie rod (I still blame my spotter) and yes there was a dented diff cover due to my spotting. BUT, I found Scott a free tie rod, that he proceeded to bend next time out, and I also got Chris free lift time and helped him grind and swap diff covers. So there! [emoji23]
Just givin you shit Trevy. Your a hell of a team player. You can wheel mine anytime.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452987220.851720.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452987238.752900.jpg
I got the front rock lights wired up and I'll finish the back up tomorrow. They aren't the best spread of light, but for $12, I can't complain.

Top Bottom