SAE Bolts on a Metric Jeep - Is it Really that Big of a Deal??

Bierpower

Hooked
In my experience, so long as your using 6 point sockets metric will fit most any SAE. I believe the only exception is the 9/16-14mm where the 9/16 is slightly larger so the 14 is tight to put on. I was a "professional mechanic" for a while too and I have a very very limited set of SAE tools.

I currently only carry metric in my jeep except for specific cases I know are SAE. Everything takes space and adds weight. Otherwise I would carry more.

The BAD Influence

I was diligent in putting together my tool bag for the Jeep. Then I realized every aftermarket part I put on was SAE and my sparse bag was full of metric tools. Now I have a big heavy bag full of everything I could ever possibly need. I just figured it's a Jeep thing. No panties were wadded in the process.

jesse3638

Hooked
I was diligent in putting together my tool bag for the Jeep. Then I realized every aftermarket part I put on was SAE and my sparse bag was full of metric tools. Now I have a big heavy bag full of everything I could ever possibly need. I just figured it's a Jeep thing. No panties were wadded in the process.
Probably should add a pair of un wadded panties just in case you come across someone like this guy who may need a fresh pair. Really it's no big deal. Also a 12 pt 20-21mm socket works for wheel locks. Don't forget that.

GP NOIR

Hooked
I prefer to keep things all metric on my Jeep, just to avoid confusion. But it’s not worth bringing up.

Top Bottom