RubyAnns Build Thread

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well im sad to announce my cudtom exhaust hanger didnt hold up the two hour drive from home to my shore house. So now i officially introduce the Mortimer Exhaust Master 2.0. New and improved but mostly temporary until this arrives in the mail...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403984787.892317.jpg

Well here she is, hopefully she holds up!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403984839.127876.jpg

Double the zip ties double the strength!

Well im sad to announce my cudtom exhaust hanger didnt hold up the two hour drive from home to my shore house. So now i officially introduce the Mortimer Exhaust Master 2.0. New and improved but mostly temporary until this arrives in the mail...

View attachment 89653

Well here she is, hopefully she holds up!

View attachment 89655

Double the zip ties double the strength!

There are several guys on here, ( me included ), that have changed to such systems as the Dynomax and have a few OEM bushings left over that would've gladly sent one to you for far less than what you paid for your aftermarket one online.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I appreciate the offer ridgerunner. I have the OEM bushings but they just dont make it. They need to be like an inch and a half longer. I cut about 3 inches off the pipe provided by dynomax and it still wasn't enough. I don't understand why it doesn't line up right but instead of just chopping away and making it worse, the 15 dollars is worth it. I really do appreciate the offer though

Oh ok! I see the issue you're having, I had the same issue when I did mine. The fix for mine was a universal hanger I got at a parts house that I simply welded to the crossmember right above the outlet end of the muffler. Seems to be holding up well so far and I think I paid maybe five bucks for it.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Hmmm. That solution would be more logical to me if i had your skills haha. Im not much of a welder. Im more of a bolt on kind of guy. I operate a loctite tube better then a welder 😉😅 hopefully this new bushing will do the trick.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403987984.884305.jpg

You can see here i need about an inch for the hangers to properly line up. Hopefully this yellow beauty will do the trick

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Just giving a little update. I finally got my 20 inch LED wired up just to find out the lights bad. Looks really good though. Will be getting that replaced.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404587718.172487.jpg

Ever since i added my 50 inch led on top of my windshield, my raingear cover didn't fit. My dad and uncle do upholstery so i had them fix it. That cover is the greatest mod ive done on my jeep. It was the best 120 dollars I've ever spent and was greatly missed before i had it fixed. They added a piece in the windshield seem just to compensate for the led bar.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404588457.667596.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404588511.368732.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404588557.741671.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404588592.786484.jpg

I recommend this trail cover to anyone! They make a model for when you have your hardtop on or off. Like i said before, its the greatest thing I've ever bought for my jeep!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well the 50in and 20in were a bit overkill so i stepped down to a couple round led lights. Just an update. Ive got everything for my lift and just ordered slabs to put my toyos on. Everythings coming together and im excited!

Top Bottom