RubyAnns Build Thread

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have the RK arms and i would suggest staying away from them. they have caused me more problems then what they are worth. im going to get rid of them as soon as i can.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Dwest - i got them locally, they're used but have 85-90% tread left. Got them for 1200 and they came with rims. Unfortunately, they're metric 8 lugs fitted for a ford powerstroke :(

Dave - thanks. Any suggestions to a kit brand to go with?

Coz - i liked the idea of the mid arms but ive been leaning towards the clayton since everyones been saying stuff about the RK kit. I wheel but nothing super heavy. I hope to hit up rausch one my baby gets her high heels.
Unfortunately, i didn't want to replace too much to void my warranty but as I'm learning, I'm getting less and less concerned about it. Anyone had problems with the clayton square arms? Or have another brand of arms to go with? Im trying to do the whole, " do it once the right way" approach. Long arms just seem like a waste for the amount of wheeling ill be doing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Dwest - i got them locally, they're used but have 85-90% tread left. Got them for 1200 and they came with rims. Unfortunately, they're metric 8 lugs fitted for a ford powerstroke :(

Coz - i liked the idea of the mid arms but ive been leaning towards the clayton since everyones been saying stuff about the RK kit. I wheel but nothing super heavy. I hope to hit up rausch one my baby gets her high heels.
Unfortunately, i didn't want to replace too much to void my warranty but as I'm learning, I'm getting less and less concerned about it. Anyone had problems with the clayton square arms? Or have another brand of arms to go with? Im trying to do the whole, " do it once the right way" approach. Long arms just seem like a waste for the amount of wheeling ill be doing.

the stock arms are almost a mid arm as is so advertising a mid arm is basically a marketing gimmik. i have never heard a bad thing about clayton but that is from TJ guys. as for the jk im not sure. are you just needing control arms or are you still looking for a lift?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I need a whole lift. Putting my 37s on with the smittybily xrc flatties. Was looking to get 3.5 or 4.5in of lift

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I haven't really thought about the evo kits. I just went on offroad evolution and built one. 1500 with the draglink flip. (Assuming i need the stock axle kit with dana44s?) i just liked the idea of the other kits coming with front and rear trackbars, all adjustable control arms. Anyone know if evo offers the sane lifetime warranty? Thats what sold me on the Clayton and RK

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I haven't really thought about the evo kits. I just went on offroad evolution and built one. 1500 with the draglink flip. (Assuming i need the stock axle kit with dana44s?) i just liked the idea of the other kits coming with front and rear trackbars, all adjustable control arms. Anyone know if evo offers the sane lifetime warranty? Thats what sold me on the Clayton and RK

the evo kit is 95% complete as is before you add the drag link flip kit onto it. you get your coils, shocks (if you buy the kings or bilsteins thru evo), front lower arms, brake lines, bump stops, rear trackbar mount and new rear sway bar links. the only thing extra you would need is rear upper control arms to correct your pinion angle. the stock front upper and rear lower are plenty strong. the rear trackbar mount makes it so you can reuse your stock trackbar and not have to fuss with buying an aftermarket bar.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

Take a look first at either Synergy or JKS. I'm saving up for the JKS myself because I like that the kit actually includes a tie in between the frame rails that further supports the entire steering assembly, but I'm sure the Synergy is better than nothing since you're still going from single shear to double shear.

(A double-shear design eliminates side loading of sector shaft to prevent wobble and premature wear of internal bearings. A reinforced sector shaft dramatically improves steering responsiveness for greater control, handling and driver confidence.)

Briguy114

(A double-shear design eliminates side loading of sector shaft to prevent wobble and premature wear of internal bearings. A reinforced sector shaft dramatically improves steering responsiveness for greater control, handling and driver confidence.)

Did you copy and paste that directly from their website? Sounds like some prett good marketing

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Did you copy and paste that directly from their website? Sounds like some pretty good marketing

Sure did :thankyou:

Actually one of my friends on here is running the Synergy one, and this is his actual real-world feedback on it:

jnabird333 said:
I am running the Synergy sector shaft brace. It is a very nice piece and it fits well. I'm sure it is helping support the shaft but it doesn't help turn the 37s. The pump just isn't up to the task when in the rocks. It does fine on the road but that's about it.

My point in arguing in favor of the sector shaft brace over the dual steering stablizer is that you're actually reinforcing your steering box from tearing off of your frame rail if you're running 37" tires offroad. That steering box isn't cheap to replace - about $700-800. You're spending about the same amount of money on either upgrade too.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Not much of a mod but I'm going to be ordering my windshield decal! Im undecided at which color to get on an anvil jeep! White, black or red? Help!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not black but red or white looks good. You can't go wrong with either of those

Sent from my iPhone

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Well, im upset because i just cleared out my bank account, but very excited at the same time! Just ordered...

Evo enforcer 4in 37in tire package
Evo drag link flip
Bilstein 5100s
1.5in spacers (so i can temporarily run the setup until my bank account recovers)
Je reel 1350 front driveshaft for a manual trans
Currie rear upper control arms

If anyone can think of anything i forgot please don't hesitate to inform me!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Congrats on the lift. I think in the end you'll be happier with the enforcer than the rk mid arm!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Yeah me too! Thanks for swaying me the other way guys! Anyone know about the dynomax cat back muffler (offroad use only) throws a check engine light? Been thinking about ordering one

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Just an update, my parts started coming in this week.
- Dynomax evolution exhaust installed
- Wheel spacers recieved

Lift and shocks still waiting..

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Fair enough hahahaha i just got to my shore house so i don't have the wheel spacers with me but i just went and took some pictures of the exhaust quick for you guys. Including picure of my custom exhaust hanger because the one for the tip doesn't line up

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403982535.530647.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403982651.001536.jpg

And now for the custom exhaust hanger 😏

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403982731.532864.jpg

Stock hanger just doesnt quite line up no matter what i do. Going to look into after market hanger

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403982841.284293.jpg

Top Bottom