Rubicon trip October 3rd-5th

misheliryami

i had an appointment this Thursday at offroad evolution to instal the winch, differential covers, transmission and oil skid, but now i see how important the rear locker is so i called my shop and told them that i need a rear locker instead, he has suggested the ARB Locker Dana 44 JK, about the gear on my axle, currently is the stock model(2014 jk unlimited sport) but i will have them re gear it to 5.13. my shop is gonna order the parts today, and by next week wed ill have the rear locker installed and the gear axle will be 5.13.
Around what time on Sunday you think we will be done?
I have 37 nitto tires but i dont have a spare tire.
Thank you for all the help.

20140907_174507.jpg
I was referring to axle gearing...ex: 5.13 or 4.10, etc. are you in an automatic or manual transmission?

Here are some more details for the trip:

We will be meeting up at Loon Lake trailhead on Friday October 3rd at 9am. I may be there Thursday night with the kiddos. The plan is to camp 2 nights on the trail, hopefully night one at buck island lake and night two at rubicon springs. On Sunday the 5th we will exit through Cadillac Hill and out the Tahoe side.

Vehicle Requirements:

-35"+ tires - please talk with (2013RubiRick or Crippledpetey for exceptions)
-Rear locker Highly recommended
-Front locker greatly appreciated :cheesy:
-Winch is a plus!
-Tow points front and rear
-Rocker guards
-Recovery gear
-Full size spare
-CB radio (highly recommended)
-Fire extinguisher
-Spill kit

Trail Requirements:

-Camping gear
-Food and water for you and your clan
-WAG bags
-Appropriate clothing for the conditions (it may be warm, cold or wet)
-Trash bags...you haul out what you haul in
-Firewood - the fire ban should be lifted by then
-$15 per night per vehicle for Rubicon Springs camping

This is going to be a great time and is family friendly. Kids are welcome and encouraged! The last thing is a great attitude. We all love to have fun and enjoy everyone's company so don't be "that guy". We will not be limiting obstacles or routes so if you feel you don't want to run a specific spot just speak up and we will help ya around or the opposite if you want to play around on an obstacle let us know we will hang out and watch :yup: We should be able to move through the trail at a good pace so no need to rush.

Hope this answers any questions you may have. If not just ask away! Thanks everyone!!! :cheers:

i had an appointment this Thursday at offroad evolution to instal the winch, differential covers, transmission and oil skid, but now i see how important the rear locker is so i called my shop and told them that i need a rear locker instead, he has suggested the ARB Locker Dana 44 JK, about the gear on my axle, currently is the stock model(2014 jk unlimited sport) but i will have them re gear it to 5.13. my shop is gonna order the parts today, and by next week wed ill have the rear locker installed and the gear axle will be 5.13.
Around what time on Sunday you think we will be done?
I have 37 nitto tires but i dont have a spare tire.
Thank you for all the help.

View attachment 100611

Sounds good. We can leave anytime Sunday. Was going to leave it up to the group. Takes a couple hours to get out from rubicon springs.

misheliryami

Hi. count me in Please put my name on the list.
Thanks.

Couple of us from the forum have a trip planned for the Rubicon from the 3rd-5th of October. If anyone is interested in joining let me know. Went last year at the same time and the weather was perfect, just a lil chilly at night. The minimum requirements are 33" tires, a rear locker, and some rock sliders/skids.

Going

1. 2013rubirick/Mrs.2013rubirick
2. crippledpetey
3. Panda/Crawler Kitty
4. Jk_b/c_Yolo
5. Branman

Maybe

1. Rccrwlr
2. MTG
3. Firecrew1

Couple of us from the forum have a trip planned for the Rubicon from the 3rd-5th of October. If anyone is interested in joining let me know. Went last year at the same time and the weather was perfect, just a lil chilly at night. The minimum requirements are 33" tires, a rear locker, and some rock sliders/skids.

Going

2. crippledpetey
3. Panda/Crawler Kitty
4. Jk_b/c_Yolo
5. Branman
6. Misheliryami

Maybe

1. Rccrwlr
2. MTG
3. Firecrew1

Here is the updated list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Going

2. crippledpetey
3. Panda/Crawler Kitty
4. Jk_b/c_Yolo
5. Branman
6. Ridg3runner
7. Misheliryami

Maybe

1. Rccrwlr(85%)
2. MTG
3. Firecrew1