RS9000xl vs Evo Spec King 2.0 vs Evo Spec 2.5

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nothing wrong with that. [emoji41] When I first started my build I actually had a set of ranchos in the garage to put on. And have friends that have/do run ranchos. The difference came to me when I went to KOH and ran around for a week in a few rigs running kings. I sold my ranchos new in the box.

Run the ranchos and enjoy them. [emoji106] Then you'll have firsthand experience to compare. If you do change your mind later, you're still not in it that much and can keep the ranchos as spares.

Thanks JAGS! That's exactly how I see it too.... Plus my money will be better spent on wheels, tires, Sliders and Skins right now.... I'll re-visit the Kings later on. :thumb:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yes the 9000's can fade over time, if you do find yourself spending a lot of time going fast, get a shock that has a large shock body to dissipate heat.
And we no longer offer our reservoirs... :doh:

Do the 7000s dissipate heat noticeably better than the 9000s?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
They do a better job since it is a monotube style shock.
The 9000's are a larger shock body with a lot going on within the main shock body.

Dumb Question... Do you sell a 9000 with the silver body and black boot? I love the look of the 7000 with the function of the 9000. Or can I at least get a black boot for the 9000?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Not dumb at all, you can buy black boots separately. They are pretty inexpensive too, like 5 bucks or so.
:beer:

Dumb Question... Do you sell a 9000 with the silver body and black boot? I love the look of the 7000 with the function of the 9000. Or can I at least get a black boot for the 9000?

desertrunner

Anyone else out there (other than the one guy on the first page) running the king 2.0s? Seems like if your spending $500 a pair you might as well cough up the extra for the reservoirs. Really haven't seen many reviews on how the evo spec 2.0s perform though vs the 2.5s

I'm leaning towards the 2.0s but don't want to end up wishing I went with the 2.5s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Anyone else out there (other than the one guy on the first page) running the king 2.0s? Seems like if your spending $500 a pair you might as well cough up the extra for the reservoirs. Really haven't seen many reviews on how the evo spec 2.0s perform though vs the 2.5s

I'm leaning towards the 2.0s but don't want to end up wishing I went with the 2.5s

Bump... Only 1 guy running the 2.0s on here?

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

I Discussed with Drew at ORE on 2.0 vs 2.5s. Two things steered us to 2.0. 1) unless your doing a lot high speed on desert whoops, the extra reservoir won’t matter much. 2) the 2.5s May require a slight mod to mount/axle so that Tires/wheels don’t rub.
For those reasons we went 2.0. I would call Drew and get his take before you decide.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked

The other advantage of the 2.5s is that you can get them adjustable which is great for changing your ride depending on terrain and vehicle loading. There are rubbing issues with the bypass. You will need 1.5” spacers or 68.5” width axles not to rub at full flex.

desertrunner

I Discussed with Drew at ORE on 2.0 vs 2.5s. Two things steered us to 2.0. 1) unless your doing a lot high speed on desert whoops, the extra reservoir won’t matter much. 2) the 2.5s May require a slight mod to mount/axle so that Tires/wheels don’t rub.
For those reasons we went 2.0. I would call Drew and get his take before you decide.

Ok that helps thanks. I guess my thought is I would like the ability to run fast down some dirt roads but by no means for hours at a time. I have no intention of coilovers or plan to run at high speed over woops. Not much desert out here in MT anyhow but I do plan on traveling with it to desert places but once again I would like to carry some speed on dirt roads from time to time. I am just kinda being impatient about it I pretty much have the money to buy the 2.0s but i have to save a few more months for the 2.5s, really in the grand scheme of things waiting a few months isn't a big deal unless they aren't worth the money for me. I also like the buy once cry once thing too if I'm spending 1100 on the 2.0s what's an extra 500 for the 2.5s even if they are unnecessary haha

JKGuy18

2) the 2.5s May require a slight mod to mount/axle so that Tires/wheels don’t rub.

Can you explain this a little further as I just purchased/received the Evo Enforcer 3" lift with the 2.5 kings and am going to attempt the install with a buddy in the next couple weeks and any insight you could give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
When I purchased the enforcer 4” with king 2.5s it was suggested to go ahead and add the shock relocation brackets to move the base of the shock outwards to add clearance between the larger king shocks and frame. That combined with the wider 37 coopers I am running caused some rubbing on the shock reservoir when flexing. Nothing toooo bad but enough to rub the stickers off and leave a mark on the rubber connector hose. To fix that issue I added spidertrax wheel spacers and now all is good.

MericaMade

2) the 2.5s May require a slight mod to mount/axle so that Tires/wheels don’t rub.

Can you explain this a little further as I just purchased/received the Evo Enforcer 3" lift with the 2.5 kings and am going to attempt the install with a buddy in the next couple weeks and any insight you could give on this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm running the same kit and shocks with 4.5 BS no rub so far. But, I would like to hear the answer to your question.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
When I purchased the enforcer 4” with king 2.5s it was suggested to go ahead and add the shock relocation brackets to move the base of the shock outwards to add clearance between the larger king shocks and frame. That combined with the wider 37 coopers I am running caused some rubbing on the shock reservoir when flexing. Nothing toooo bad but enough to rub the stickers off and leave a mark on the rubber connector hose. To fix that issue I added spidertrax wheel spacers and now all is good.

This ^^^^^ explains better, also drew at ORE.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
The rims I will be running will be 4.7 b/s and running 315/70/17 cooper St Maxx. Should I be good or should I start looking into these brackets?

Not sure, give drew a call at ORE you will get a definitive answer

One of our jeeps is ;35x12.5, kmc wheel with 4.5 backspace. Drew said they may rub without brackets and 2.5 shocks.

JAGS

Hooked
The shock relocation brackets are needed (recommended) regardless for the king 2.5s. Not sure about the 2.0 kings. The brackets are to keep the shock shaft and shock body in alignment at flex.

Whether or not you need wheel spacers depends on the backspacing and tire size. With anything over 4.25 BS I would think wheel spacers are a must.

I'm running 37 trail Grapplers on 4.5 BS and needed spacers. I still rub the shock body a little at full turn and full stuff. No damage, but I am missing some king sticker now.

Top Bottom